#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

On the hard tag. Mr perfect, on and off the field.

1 Like

Was hilarious.

3 Likes

ā€œFirst off: thatā€™s a bunch of liesā€ ā€” I LOLed.

Choir boy didnā€™t get trampled.

3 Likes

I know itā€™s been said before but Hard Tag is pretty much the best media to ever come out of the club.

McG was great too. First year, number one pick, rising star nom, would have been easy to just tow the club line for 45 minutes but he had a laugh and it was great. Good to see that the boys arenā€™t taking it seriously. In a good way.

6 Likes

Not a man to sanction buffoonery, young Pidge.

Also there are now legal adults who grew up on Cars and never heard of the Y2K bug, so Iā€™m just going to go ahead and apply for a Seniors Card.

12 Likes

Jack Post annoys me. I donā€™t know why. I struggle to listen to him.

So, is Ashley Browne a flog? Granted he does say McGrath has had a fine year, but heā€™s coming across as a bit condescending.

Ashley Browne

1. Ryan Burton (Haw)
  2. Andrew McGrath (Ess)
  3. Charlie Curnow (Carl)
  4. Sam Powell-Pepper (PA)
  5. Eric Hipwood (BL)

Why he should win: Burton was the best and most consistent defender all year for the season in a team that won 10 and a half games. Not sure he will win, though. The Essendon mafia in the media have been lobbying hard for McGrath, who had a fine year, but unlike Burton, needed to be ā€˜managedā€™ at various stages. Hope the judges remember that.

And by ā€œmanagedā€ he means that both players tallied up 20 games this yearā€¦

Was Burton ā€œmanagedā€ in his first year, when he played just 4 games?

18 Likes

Heā€™s just another sycophantic Hawthorn bozo. Holds a reserved seat membership, or at least he used to. So not in any way surprising heā€™s gonna push up Burton. Also to be expected that heā€™d be smug flog, because you know it comes with the territory.
If weā€™re being realistic, Twomey does much the same for us all be it heā€™s altogether more subtle about it.

1 Like

Seriously?? Really?? Where were they hiding over the past 3 years!!

13 Likes

Exactly! If this were true surely weā€™d have seen a few disappear after being taken ā€œfor a driveā€.

3 Likes

True, but least Twomey comes across as knowledgeable and generally unbiased. If you didnā€™t know he was an Essendon supporter you wouldnā€™t pick it from dribbling vitriol or unabashed patriotism.

2 Likes

Burton had an exceptional year.

Could go to either of them. Iā€™m pleased Sam Powell-Pepper is no longer in serious discussions. The lads a bull, but a class below.

3 Likes

which is why I said heā€™s altogether more subtle.

Yep. Their football has been pretty comparable in reality.

1 Like

I was agreeing :wink:

1 Like

Fkn spot on.

Who does this ā– ā– ā– ā–  Ashley Browne support ?

I want Ashley DEAD!
i want his family DEAD!
i want his associates DEAD!
I want him sleeping with the fishes

11 Likes

ā€œI thought you said Troy McClure was dead?ā€

ā€œNo, I said he sleeps with the fishes.ā€

11 Likes

So people can bet on an award where the judges have clear personal biases ? Ok, good luck wasting your money on that.