#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Let’s hope it really hurts, because you know what that means…

I’m not sure Andy will be driven by money like some players are.

I’m sure he will want fair compensation for his talent but I think he will be driven by success.

He will know that he’s going to have opportunities outside of football to make the big dollars.

1 Like

fark carlton

4 Likes

McGrath for PM

no chance. dual citizen

16 Likes

A dangerous game to play in this day and age too.

Thankfully he re-signed then!

2 Likes

Yeah, only a hyphen stands in the watch from us losing him. :smile:

2 Likes

Judd and Cotchin are the ones I can think of.

The 1st player/CEO in Australian sporting history I reckon.

1 Like

Fixed

Doesn’t seem like nearly enough of a slimy, unprincipled, ■■■■.

2 Likes

Hurry up…find some thing to Panic…

If I’m not mistaken most of Paul Connors clients get managed by Robbie D’Orazzio now.

Wait for the bass to drop… the floor is lava!

5 Likes

An interesting interview with young Andrew. More of a strength and conditioning perspective.

From Youtuber Christian Woodford

#1 2016 AFL Draft Pick Andrew McGrath stopped by WSSC during his off-season to be on #AskWoodford. If your an aspiring AFL player, a coach who has ambitions to train players like Andrew, or just a fan of talented athletes and AFL, this is one of the best episodes to watch. Andrew reflects on his biggest adversities growing up playing sport, whether he believes hard work or talent got him to where he is, advice he would give to younger players trying to make it and much more.

1:18 Do you believe hard work or natural talent got you to where you are and why? - Lachie Kennett

3:10 How have you overcome your biggest setbacks/challenges in life?

6:35 What’s the difference between the strength and conditioning you do with Essendon compared to Woodfords? - Lachie Kennett

8:50 I know BGS won the APS flag last year but did your school lose a game last year, if so, who to? - Tim Taranto

10:28 How hard were you training at 16 and what do you think it takes to make AFL? - Alex Hardie

13:30 Since working at WSSC what are your current strength levels and how fast did they get you?

16:52 What leagues did you play growing up and what were your biggest accomplishments coming up? - Noah Allison

18:40 What would be his number one piece of advice he would give for a bloke going into his top year at TAC Cup level? - Riley Boland

21:05 What is a key quality you think helps push you forward and pursue your dreams?

23:27 What extra things did Andrew do in the off season to get ahead of the pack in his junior years? - Sam Pirola

6 Likes

Enjoyed the interview. Thanks for posting it.

That video wasn’t really doing it for me but then I stuck a couple of very sharp sticks in my ears and things improved. He’s a Ferrari with a Rolls ride.

1 Like

pretty good interview, but that audio is absolutely atrocious.

Yeah, they could do with some decent mics. Good on them though for putting it together.