#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

DICK) REYNOLDS.

yeah, most of us are a little too young to remember that

Not only not in Australian sporting history but not even in EFC history.

cf Ron Evans.

OK but the OP said what he could ā€œthink ofā€ā€¦ are most too young to think as well?

Also, here is a tip: even young people can learn stuff by reading. Or even talking to people who know stuff. These methods have been used quite well for millennia. Even those who are now a little too young can use these methods. :wink:

2 Likes

oh ok! yeah i know a guy who knows a guy who saw ā– ā– ā– ā–  reynolds and he said that he was captain material from day one! also albert thurgood gives out really helpful tips!

1 Like

A spotless record.
As long as he doesnā€™t get taken to the cleaners.

1 Like

No need to swear.

2 Likes

Andy is the real deal. Could end up as one of the all time greats imho. Very hard to find a flaw in his gameā€¦ great hands, speed, good disposal, clear thinkingā€¦ great leadership and classy under pressure.

We have got some real A-grade talent with the likes of JD, Merrett, Heppell, Hurley, Hooker, Fanta, Stringer and guys like Parish, Zaka and Wallā€¦ but I believe Andy will be the best of them.

Super excited to have him signed up and locked awayā€¦ and to hear all the boys saying the same thing (and yes, I know they do at all clubs) but I really think they believe success is just around the cornerā€¦ there seems to be something really positive brewing at the Hangarā€¦ and it canā€™t come quick enough!

9 Likes

Daniher will be the best

9 Likes

Fixed

I think McGrath will be a gun and heā€™ll be very consistent for a long time. But I suspect heā€™s not going to have the top end to be considered an all time great. But hopefully he gives it a run.
If any of our mids go past Zerrett at any stage, weā€™re really laughing

3 Likes

12 Likes

Ok, lets seeā€¦I got this.
Spider bites man = Spiderman.
Goat bites Daniher - he turns into a GOAT!!! YES!!!
yes?

8 Likes

Not a, the!

5 Likes

It was a young goat, so he turns into Joey The Kid.

2 Likes

I think Andy will be one of the EFC greats, and likey to one day win a brownlow. He is, and will be a great player.

But JDā€¦is something remarkable, he had a terrific year but still looks very raw and a long way from his potential peak. Which is incredible to think about when you consider how good he already is.

7 Likes

You wonā€™t find a bigger fan of JD than meā€¦ and he well may become the GOATā€¦ but the modern game seems won and lost through the midfield and there is a reason that a midfielder is generally the #1 player in the comp for the last 15+ years.

But heyā€¦ I donā€™t reckon any of us will be complaining if they are 1 and 2 in the all time greatest players listsā€¦ irrespective of the order!!

I get impatient waiting for the season every year admittedlyā€¦ but this one just feels like it canā€™t come soon enough. bullish is an understatement at this point.

2 Likes

I thought that was gone this past season. He looked very mature to me. Itā€™s funny how different people view things.

There is no ceiling on this kid.

Except the one at Etihad.

8 Likes