#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Shame he can’t play midfield and back pocket at the same time.

1 Like

my goodness

i’m only up to the 3 qtr and have him as one of our best already

how he makes extra space in little space while moving, assessing, then getting the handball off, wowee.

:slight_smile: He gets better.

The amount of times this poor ■■■■■■■ gets the ball routinely passed to him by his teammates and it lands anywhere between 1-2 metres short of where it should be and he has to bend down to get it and dish off a lightening quick handball for us to retain possession, is just unreal.

It’s just that we hardly notice it and/or we take it for granted that he will just cleanly get it back and fire it to a teammate.

He. Is. Just. So. Freaking. Good.

4 Likes

Him going onto the ball late in 3rd and winning those 2 clearances was Hird like. It changed the state of the game. Is a born leader, and will become very quickly I may add, a game changer.

2 Likes

Lets not get too carried away.

Hird was twice the player Andy is.

Literally. Like you could put one Andy on top of another and that still wouldn’t be as tall as Hirdy.

Just imagine an alternative universe where Jackets picks setterfield who by now would have done 3 hammies & had 2 knee reco’s if he was with us, and andy was running around for GWS!
Better still don’t.

2 Likes

Not saying he is as good as James Hird obviously, but his action in that game where Hird like.
LOL yes back to the good old days of having pick 1, and people worried about us drafting McGrath the midget.

1 Like

As good as he is and should be, he needs to slow down when he gets the ball. Looks like he’s panicing, but he’s not panicing!

Andy is twice the player Hird was at same age and stage of career… time will tell where andy end up when he hangs up the boots.

I think he’ll be a star. In under 18s would blanket oppositions best small forward/attacking mid and go on line breaking runs that split open the opposition and set up match winning plays.

Is probably the prototypical midfielder of the future. WOW!

Yeah-nah.

5 Likes

Hird played CHF in a premiership in his 20th game.

I don’t disagree with the McGrath hype, though. Could potentially end up the best player since Hird, imo.

3 Likes

Can’t remember who the player being compared was, but someone was called the new Wanganeen.
Problem was that if there were, they’d have had a Brownlow by then.
They did not.

That might have been me, on the topic of Jarrod Atkinson.

5 Likes

… so close.

2 Likes

Joe Dan may get in the way of that prediction I think.

This guy might become one of our all time greats.

2 Likes

This guy, Zerrett and Joe. These three will do things that can’t be answered by any opposition.

Will be our number one within a couple of years.

Great game and will be sensational for us this year.

FTFY

1 Like