#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Blitz has reached new levels of stupid.

3 Likes

You know our gameplan sucks when it forces McGrath into errors.

5 Likes

You swinging at me there Decks?

Disagree. He went back purely because Conor got suspended. It was out of necessity rather than punishing him for getting beaten.

As others have mentioned he will slot straight back into the wing/midfield this weekend.

Not at all.

1 Like

Had 10 touches in Q1 last game and then was told to follow the game plan.

2 Likes

Is symptomatic of our team and development coaching at the moment.

Pidge can play, no doubt about it.

No doubt on his midfield ability and final slot in the side from me.

I think the issue is him, like most of our mids, they are second possession players out of a stoppage. Itā€™s why we are ok on the return out of the backline and working our way through a zone from defensive half. But why we get smashed in moving the ball out of a heavy congestion or stoppage area. Throw a five year younger Watson in and we would be smashing side. Somebody that can dish out and give them a chance. At the moment they ar having to collapse down in the stoppage to help win it and we simply can get it out.

Itā€™s also why I think Myers playing well is so important and frustrating and why Clarke has to be brought in ASAP. We need players who are going to give them time and space to excel.

I think a belly should be tapping long outside the congestion at the centre bounces too. Most of our mids are quick Zaka, Merrett, Smith, McGrath and lesser Parish (he is smarter around the contest which makes up for it). Give them the half a step and clean possession they need and side wonā€™t be able to stop them.

2 Likes

Canā€™t believe some of the stuff I have been reading over the last few weeks.

3 Likes

Get him penos

heā€™s the sort of guy you throw back when itā€™s under fire and into the midfield when it needs a lift, but when both are useless makes it hard

1 Like

Injured calf?

He is wanganeen like

2 Likes

His 1st quarter on Smith was freakish, although Smith came back well in the 2nd half. Hope the injury rumours are false.

1 Like

I really donā€™t see it!

My ears were burning

Will we see him again this year?

Doubt it, impossible to get into this powerhouse team. McKernan will be trialled in every position before being ā€œmanagedā€.

Yeah. Itā€™s only a slight calf strain so he should be back in 8-10 weeks.

5 Likes

Just traumaā€™d him too.

Andy has lost me many BLITZCOINSā€¦

Most inconsiderate.