#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

I reckon this was his best game in a year that he’s paddled a bit. Encouraging. Nice work around stoppages today.

9 Likes

Ran all day, involved in plenty of linkage plays and gave good drive thru the middle especially in the third when others tired. Stepped up to next level today.

1 Like

Stood up big time in the second half.

1 Like

was one of the BOG in the 2nd half. splendid in close and didn’t stop running and creating too.
hard to believe how mature he is

3 Likes

Most well rounded and dimensional effort for the year, played with more killer instinct than I’ve ever seen. Enjoyed his goal, which came at a crucial stage. Many modern players botch that up by looking for the offload. Ran hard all game, the midfield looks good looking ahead with him easing into it.

12 Likes

Liked how he looked up and took a bounce out of a few contests today. He’s a breathtaking player to watch when his confidence is up.

2 Likes

Second half very good.

1 Like

Yep.
Still blazes around the corner a bit but that will come when he gets a bit more awareness.
He finds space and time so easy that I don’t think he is aware of how much room he has

3 Likes

So many times in congestion he too a side step which changed the whole way the team attacked the field and created space for other players

6 Likes

I thought he was very impressive today. Backed himself and took the game on. Ran hard. He’ll finish the year with some excellent form, and a lot of confidence to play on the ball. And we have managed to cover for him down back.

2 Likes

Completely agree. It’s his penetrating disposal that sets him apart. He’ll be starting in the centre square, opening bounce before long.

His best midfield game. 2nd half was top notch

1 Like

gun.

1 Like

Indeed.

Look at his work inside.

1 Like

Back to his best now. His ability to get the ball in tight and break from the congestion is first class. Set us on our way repeatedly today with his dash and creativity

1 Like

Picks the line very quickly out of congestion, and runs out into space, it’s a rare quality.

Stood up on Canada day

Had a great game on Sunday. Love the way he weaved through traffic.

4 Likes

Very unlucky not to get in the coaches’ votes. Was immense, especially towards the end of the game.

How he develops his kicking will determine whether he becomes a very good player or a star.

3 Likes