#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Not sure.

He is as good a kick as Chris Judd was.

1 Like

Agree. But heā€™s a very, very driven individual. Iā€™m pretty sure he will sharpen up the kicking.

1 Like

He hasnā€™t got any real depth and Iā€™m not sure how much he can improve that. He is a pretty neat kick but he doesnā€™t back himself to take an attacking option so itā€™s hard to assess. Itā€™s certainly no weapon.

1 Like

You donā€™t think Merrett is a great kick?

No I think Merrett is an excellent kick, I just forgot he played for us for a sec.

fair enough then :slight_smile:

Not that Iā€™ve gone back over it but I think on weekend when McGrath had a kick when under pressure /needed to hit target he did

He canā€™t kick very far but was drilling his passes IIRC

His disposal is very clean and accurate by hand and foot

Still sprays too many

2 Likes

Heā€™s less ā€˜heart in the mouthā€™ than Heppell and Hurley at the moment.

2 Likes

Agree most of our experienced senior players make me nervous these days. Add goddard and sometimes even hooker to that list.

the players taking the kicks donā€™t make me nervousā€¦ the kicks they try to take are what make me nervousā€¦

Lolz I get nervous when they donā€™t try and take those kicks.

4 Likes

I get mad when they donā€™t. thereā€™s no pleasing me.

2 Likes

I get mad regardless of what happens.

4 Likes

Heā€™s going to have to be a very good ball carrier (which he is) to make up for the fact that heā€™s not the longest kick, or the most penetrative. Some of the best players to ever play couldnā€™t kick over a jam tin, Robert Harvey barely kicked any further than 35m and he won 2 Brownlows. Thought McGrathā€™s performances v West Coast and North were pretty underrated. Hard act to follow after last year, but he done wellā€¦

3 Likes

Goddard? What the heck?

Canā€™t run, donā€™t even think about bending over, but still has the boot.

I believe your other half told me you are mad.

1 Like

Was my other half me, or the other other half?

1 Like

The other other half.
Although I felt she was holding back a bit.

1 Like