#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Got BOG from commentary team

I could only listen to it on the radio but Iā€™m glad he played well.

2 Likes

Andy was great. changed his game after Saad want down knowing his defence and run out of defence was paramount.
Heā€™s one of our most important players come Fri night.

That is arguably his best game. He was awesome.

1 Like

Love him, first of many games where he racks up over 30 im sure :wink:

he made plenty of mistakes tonight. turned it over quite a bit with quick handballs. to his credit, he worked his way back into the game and started attacking more.

Was really good, showed a bit of aggression at the man at times which was great to see

I saw it differently. yes would agree he made some mistakesā€¦ but those quick handballs are exactly what we need to keep the ball moving. They arenā€™t all going to work out but that doesnā€™t make them mistakes in my eyes. I want him to keep that daring style goingā€¦ as his team mates learn his process then we should see more and more result in break away plays.

He did have two howler kicks that werenā€™t great but overall his intent and running power was excellent and really showed through in the last quarter when he was still going strong.

Has got the skills to play full time midfield but I think he could play a hybrid half back, wing type role really well too.

3 Likes

McGrath, Zerrett and Parishā€™s hands are all lightning in close. Going to be a huge feature of our midfield for another decade.

4 Likes

that was one of his best games.
Went back and helped out a lot, also helped out using his run with the ball forward to break game open.

Breaks the lines and cuts through zones with his enterprising style.

Fantastic game after a few quiet ones.

Just warming up, Canā€™t wait to see him in 24 months.

Played well

Put him in the midfield next week for the experience.

Not sure but I think he has a 23 possession 2nd half. I seem to think he was on 10 at HF?

Yep - had 15 in the 3rd quarter alone.

2 Likes

I saw McGrath and Parish at Glen Waverley golf course yesterday afternoon. They had just finished playing against the dad/girlfriends dad.

Although I didnā€™t speak to them (I was star struck), apparently they are both very competitive. They ended up losing to the dad by 1 stroke.

Not very tall either of them, and to be honest I wouldnā€™t have recognized them if it wasnā€™t for the hot girlfriend and mother cheering them on laughing.

Carlisleā€™s dad?

1 Like

Im hopeful to catch up with Andy this week at the launch of the BGS Athletics team. He is a guest speker.

THE dad

Ahh Langfords old man

4 Likes