#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Is serious panic merchant / kick stuffer-upperererer.

The amount of easy targets that he misses by under kicking it by 2-3 metres needs to improve a lot.

I’ll get flamed but I personally think he has gone backwards this year.

1 Like

This is a load of rubbish im sorry. He always just wants to move the ball and find the best option possible and also trys to get in a better position to get it backor create space. Pretty hard when we had no targets in our fwd of the gorund for 3 quarters.

1 Like

i think last night showed his only real weakness, and thats his distribution by foot.

2 Likes

Full time mid next year will be bigger and stronger

I’d really like Smith to play in the forwardline with Tippa and Baguley.

Not only would bring that manic pressure but Smith is a match winner and kicks goals

Exactly hard to make a kick when there is no one presenting as an option. It’s his defensive 2nd and 3rd efforts that impress me the most. The kid is an absolute gun.

4 Likes

I thought he was very good last night and has clearly demonstrated he will become an excellent and very flexible player. Obviously looks a lot more comfortable behind the ball but he has made some serious steps as a mid.

1 Like

Just lacks a bit of depth and also he’s not a quick kick. He can’t bullet the ball 50m lace out like Zerrett can. He can still be a top quality player despite not having that in his locker. If it was up to me I’d keep him in the back pocket because he is Wanganeen good down there…

2 Likes

You get flamed because you only post the negative and never praise a player. You also never post after a win but only after a loss. Change your attitude and posting habits then you may not get flamed as much.

3 Likes

Would love to see what his running ability, fast hands and defensive inclination could do in the forwardline

3 Likes

You are a true hero of the people.

All you do is follow certain posters around whilst offering ZERO information or perspective on anything football related.

Who needs policeman when we have IT, social justice warrior patrolling the inter webs week in week out.

I for one sleep easy at night knowing that the world is under his protection.

5 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Tracking nicely.

Your ability to actually pay attention is very low. It shows in what you post about football and it shows in how you respond to posts about you.

You are the Tony Abbott of this board, all frothing of the mouth but nothing worthwhile to say.

1 Like

Fair old burn that.

2 Likes

When the drugs take a hold…

You should see him post in the EPL thread. Member of the prawn sandwich brigade.

You’re on a different channel to me.

Was that you that head butted him in Salamanca

1 Like

Outstanding defensive effort on Rioli on Friday night.

Just needs to tidy up his disposal.

Stalking Andy update
Just recently, the Brighton Grammar post season football camp for Year 7 and 8 boys was located at Queenscliff and part of the event was to get a tour of the facilities at Geelong FC as well as meet players. Scott cancelled this at last minute much to the dissapointment of the boys. One phone call and one hour later and the boys where tourning the Hangar with Andy and a couple of team mates. Boys loved it. Andy got in trouble for missing his appointment with the team nutritionist.

32 Likes