#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Trouble maker, not 100% committed to winning a flag; DELIST

6 Likes

Handy Andy.

2 Likes

Andy could go to Canberra and sort out the circus up there.

1 Like

Thatā€™s cruel and unusual punishment. Nothing is worth that.

Is he a dual citizen though?

11 Likes

Oh bravo.

Andy, forward or back?

Top 3 for mine - maybe BOG. Coming along beautifully, this kid.
What a gun he will be - already is.

I must have missed something when watching this Deckham.

Did he have a run with role?

I thought he was quiet.

2 Likes

13 possessions (4k, 9h) & 4 tackles ā€” You sure youā€™re in the right thread? Parish thread is that way.

2 Likes

Interesting year for Andyā€¦ off the back of a RS win and explosive first season, struggled at times with the move to the midfield and then got sent back to HB to do some ā€˜jobsā€™ and was patchy at different stages.

However there is no doubt he is a blue chipper and still plenty of growth left. A very solid second season that saw him influence the game at various times. The chemistry between himself and Parish/Zerrett also improved through the year and we saw a lot more link up through the middle.

One of many that started the season slowly and, in my opinion, was played out of position and struggled. Once that was sorted he came home with a wet sail.

Canā€™t wait to see what he produces next year. Has the potential to be in the top 10 in the comp level elite.

1 Like

Havenā€™t looked at the stats - they surprise me. Thought he put in a great game. Pressuring everywhere - was a really good midfield game, I thought.

1 Like

His contested acts and pressure acts inside fwd 50 led to goals so I agree he had some good impact.

My bar is pretty high for Andy. In 30-40 more games I fully expect him to be our best midfielder.

Iā€™m biased, as I am with most of our players, Iā€™ll openly admit.

It is going to be a bit crowded in there with Francis, Merrett, Raz and Daniher, and that is just for starters.

2 Likes

Realise you are probably tongue in cheek but I really do believe we have an embarrassment of riches on our list right now. The graphic they show last week with the number of AAā€™s on our listā€¦ considering how crap we have been latelyā€¦ was case in point.

Absolutely no reason why JD couldnā€™t be seen as top 5 key forwards in the comp
Francis could be anything, absolutely anything
Raz, Merrett, Heppell probably already considered ā€˜eliteā€™ and still have room to grow
Parish, McGrath, Langford, Smith - have shown more than glimpses this year

So yeah I wear the EFC coloured glasses but I really rate the talent on our listā€¦ hence why I feel so passionately about getting the coaching and structures right. This list should be finishing a LOT higher than 12!!

3 Likes

I view this year differently.

And Iā€™ll explain why.

Last year I donā€™t think he was clearly beaten on the day by his opponent in any game I saw live in Melb.

Similarly this year in midfield, forward and back heā€™s played primarily defensive roles.

And I can only recall one game Iā€™ve seen in Melb where he was clearly beaten by his opponent, think it was on Anzac day or the 1st Hawthorn match.

This guy just never gets beaten by his direct opponent.

1 Like

FARKING CHAMPION

Heā€™s second half of the year has been very good imo. His speed and hansballing through traffic is elite. Heā€™s very much a A grade elite talent

I would be disappointed if he didnā€™t end up top 5 players in the comp. Post buddy be and Lynch should both be vying for the big dog position.

I think Lynch will be more consistent. I think Daniher is a little more enigmatic and his absolute top end is huge.

1 Like