Former #1 Pig Hibberd

Dead set, every photo I saw of the 12 on holiday generally saw pig and Jobe bearly raising a smile. Take it as you like. ■■■■■■■.

I’d be lion if I said I agreed with that.

So you’re saying we will trade him to Brisbane for pick 20?

And by Brisbane I mean Port

And by pick 20 I mean pick 65

Oh yes. So it is.
I got nuthin’.
I’ll get BISON?

I just wonder if it was a soft threat in Melbourne’s direction to make sure the deal gets done

He may as well have said: “I’m leaving because Melbourne offered me truckloads of money and a 4 year contract and Essendon at this stage have not matched it. Also, Matty Dea was playing some great football this year and so my spot in the team is perhaps under threat. I’m 27 and my future security at Melbourne looks much better. However, if a deal can’t be done with Melbourne I’m prepared to negotiate a contract with Essendon and stay”.

i would be disappointed if we let him go via the psd.

LOL! Connors. Fark off.

MELBOURNE should secure defender Michael Hibberd for a second-round pick after paying “overs” for Jake Melksham last year, according to their manager, Paul Connors.

The banned Bombers look set to be reunited at Melbourne for the start of pre-season with Hibberd on Tuesday officially nominating the Demons as his preferred new home.

Connors suggested Melbourne paid a high price for Melksham last year – pick No. 25 – and that Melbourne’s second round pick in this year’s draft – currently No. 26 – should be sufficient compensation for Essendon.

The agent said Hibberd’s case was “different circumstances” from Melksham, who didn’t play a game for Melbourne in 2016 because of Essendon’s drugs ban.

“You can’t just say Jake did this and then the next (deal) is there,” Connors said.

“I could argue they (Demons) paid overs for Jake because there’s a relationship between both Melbourne and Essendon.

“So, I think the deal will be done and it will be done in good faith.”

The backman’s aggressive running off half-back is set to become a key cog in Simon Goodwin’s re-shaped game plan next season as the Demons’ attempt to break their 11-year finals drought.

Hibberd, 26, has already “had a beer” with his prospective Melbourne teammates including Jack Watts after settling on his tough decision to leave the Bombers on an overseas holiday with his girlfriend.

“It was an extremely hard decision. One of the hardest I’ve ever had to make to actually tell my teammates and know that I am leaving was hard,” he said.

“But in terms of rejuvenating my football, I thought a fresh start was best.

“I’m good mates with Melksham and a few of the other guys from Melbourne (who) I was speaking to over the past few months and years prior.

“We had a beer a few weeks ago and just to get to know the guys a bit better.”

Jake Melksham looks set to be re-united with Michael Hibberd at Melbourne. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
The Herald Sun revealed Essendon had formally asked the AFL to host Melbourne under lights on Friday night in Round 1 next year as part of its annual fixture request.

“If it happens it would be nice to be out with all the guys who have missed a year,” Hibberd said.

“Whether we’re on the same team on not it’d be nice to be together.”

Hibberd said he changed his mind whether to leave Essendon or not on a trip with his Bombers’ teammates this year.

“I was with the boys for three weeks and my mind chopped and changed a lot. When I was with the guys it definitely swayed towards staying, because I loved all the guys and definitely didn’t want to leave them and wanted to keep playing footy with them,” he said.

“After a few weeks of getting away I was with my girlfriend for three weeks afterwards and it swayed back to maybe a fresh start being good, and to part ways.

“The fact that it changed back that way pretty quickly I thought in a few months’ time it is probably going to change even more. That was the decision I came to.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/michael-hibberd-officially-requests-trade-to-melbourne-for-2017-season/news-story/a184bdae770ee36c09b27be8a7a62043

you mean paying the right value for pig and what they gave up for melksham wasn’t overs? so connors telling the truth means he should ■■■■ off?? when he lies, ■■■■ off?

wtf do you people want? ■■■■ all players want to be at Essendon, those that do are deluded fans growing up or doing it for a fat pay check. if it wasn’t so we’d have players nominate for us, so far… crickets.

you mean paying the right value for pig and what they gave up for melksham wasn't overs? so connors telling the truth means he should ■■■■ off?? when he lies, ■■■■ off?

wtf do you people want? ■■■■ all players want to be at Essendon, those that do are deluded fans growing up or doing it for a fat pay check. if it wasn’t so we’d have players nominate for us, so far… crickets.

No, just because you overs in one deal doesn’t suddenly give you credit on the next deal. If that was the case then I can’t wait to deal with Port and Bulldogs next.

And I don’t think Looney did it for the big fat pay cheque.

you mean paying the right value for pig and what they gave up for melksham wasn't overs? so connors telling the truth means he should ■■■■ off?? when he lies, ■■■■ off?

No, just because you overs in one deal doesn’t suddenly give you credit on the next deal. If that was the case then I can’t wait to deal with Port and Bulldogs next.

After Cooney and Luey, I’m surprised our spongy floor at the TVSC didn’t get us over the line with JOM.

I think if they give us 26 it’s overs and we got away with robbery. I also think if it’s a third rounder then we’ve been bent over again and we never farking do well at trading. Am I Blitzing right?

melksham trade has nothing to do with the pig trade to be, though. and i’m not saying that. Melksham was way overs though, half of blitz wanted him delisted so getting a 2nd round pick is way overs.

pig is a hbf that was a shade of his former self in his last year of playing then coming off a 1 year ban. a 2nd round pick is more than enough. when we start winning finals we can start demanding first round picks for our michael hibberds.

Take 26 and move on with business. It’s adequate. Whether it is perfect, meh.

Take 26 and move on with business. It's adequate. Whether it is perfect, meh.

Yep, take 26 and fark him off.

melksham trade has nothing to do with the pig trade to be, though. and i’m not saying that. Melksham was way overs though, half of blitz wanted him delisted so getting a 2nd round pick is way overs.

pig is a hbf that was a shade of his former self in his last year of playing then coming off a 1 year ban. a 2nd round pick is more than enough. when we start winning finals we can start demanding first round picks for our michael hibberds.

Who is demanding a first round pick? All I can remember on Blitz is wanting a second round pick and even Worsfold has asked for that. Connors is the one who is implying (going by that article anyway) that we should just take what we are offered because we got more for Melksham than we should have which is totally irrelevant.

Yep, take 26 and fark him off.

Hahaha I wouldn’t have personally been quite so pointed as I respect and understand the decision of all of these poor blokes, given the crap they have gone through… but essentially yes! lol

Connors would be absolutely filthy if trade couldn’t get done and Hibbo decided to stay as his pay day would drastically diminish.

Be interesting to see if Dodoro plays hardball here, certainly ball is in EFC’s court as Hibbo is contracted and said he happy to stay.

He’s worth at least.

Yep.

You know.

is that you paul connors?

ess: pick 26, melbourne 2017 2nd round
melb: hibberd, essendon 2017 3rd round

Hibberd, 26, has already “had a beer” with his prospective Melbourne teammates including Jack Watts after settling on his tough decision to leave the Bombers on an overseas holiday with his girlfriend.
Watts had a shandy, surely.