Former #1 Pig Hibberd

Listened to the Trade Radio launch podcast to hear Hibbo. What a ■■■■■■■ flog Connors is, talking over people, generally having no respect for the launch at all. If I was Hutchy I would have gone off my brain after that.

Managers who go for the name generally end up failing at some point. Eventually a player will have enough of his crap, he will try and screw the player for extra fees and it will end up like Pickering, Nixon or any of the agents now fading away to a coke habit.

As a club, being carful which player managers you deal with through the draft should be a factor in selection.

Wonder if that will ever happen - clubs boycotting an 18 y/old in the draft cos his manager is a prick

What is it about Essendon players - Carlisle and Hibberd both announce their future clubs on trade radio - Ryder announces through the media he is leaving Essendon the week before a finals match.

The common denominator is not that they are ess players, it’s their manager.

Connors doesn’t manage Carlisle

My mistake. Who’s his manager?

Not 100% sure. Colin Young maybe?

I wouldn't mind a player swap for Hibbo.
Me too. I'll take a non-Melbourne player for Hibberd. I'm sure the Dees can accommodate that.
OUT Jenkins Ryder Crameri Gumbleton Carlisle Hibberd

IN
J Merrett
Langford
Z Merrett
Fantasia
Francis

I know which list looks better at this stage and it’s not the in list.

Yeah, the in list is pretty pathetic. Only one B&F winner on that list and zero weak-willed, turncoat ■■■■■ ruckmen.

Some Player managers are increasingly going the same way as journo's. They aeem to think the job is actually about being a celebrity, a "name" in the actual game.

When Players started having Managers (Player Agents) they were usually accountants, finance types who were there to look after the financials interests and to make sure that income was not ■■■■■■ away. Then the AFL started regulating who could be Player Agents and the big Management groups got involved and employed ex-Players, who then stared their own Management services. My Accountant was the Manager of some Champion AFL players and he did well for them investing in property mostly, but when he had to get “qualifications” from the AFL; he said it became more about AFL and clubs than player welfare.

Concur completely with this.
A very good, long standing friend of mine managed a very prominent / legendary Essendon footballer. He was an accountant at the time and after meeting more by chance he gave that player a hand with his income tax and financial advice, which was otherwise beyond him. It grew from there and he negotiated all his subsequent contracts - which were successful for both parties.
When the rules changed he wasn’t interested in getting involved in the accreditation process and the AFL designed structure.
Said accountant finished as CEO of a major group. He wasn’t an Essendon supporter.
What is it about Essendon players - Carlisle and Hibberd both announce their future clubs on trade radio - Ryder announces through the media he is leaving Essendon the week before a finals match.

Anthony McConville

Anthony McConville

Thanks!

Look at player managers in the NFL and u see where this is all heading. Scary.

What can we get for Hibbo?
Any change for a dollar?

To be fair, the clubs in the NFL are so much more ruthless with players when it comes to list management,

1. It’s enough. Go to the draft with 1, 19 and 26. Unless Fyfe or Jack want to come here just go with those and look at Dea and possibly Kelly as DFAs.

Jerry McGuire?

To be fair, the clubs in the NFL are so much more ruthless with players when it comes to list management,

Yeah… I was more thinking about the ‘branding’ area discussed earlier. Players start their brand in high school and everything is done to promote their brand rather than enhance a team. Goto an NFL practise and there are about two managers for every coach that are dictating which plays to run… How many times their guyshould be targetted etc etc… just out of control balance wise imho.

Am happy for Hbberd to change his mind, prefer him over pick 26.

Am happy for Hbberd to change his mind, prefer him over pick 26.

I want him to change his mind.

Hibberd like the kid who’s parents are sending him to some lame-o private school while all his mates get to have a great time and run amok at the public school together. Poor guy.

Hibberd like the kid who's parents are sending him to some lame-o private school while all his mates get to have a great time and run amok at the public school together. Poor guy.

Nah,Hibberd is the bloke that no longer can afford to pay the private school fees. So he’s moving to the under resourced technical school down the road.

Hibberd like the kid who's parents are sending him to some lame-o private school while all his mates get to have a great time and run amok at the public school together. Poor guy.

Nah,Hibberd is the bloke that no longer can afford to pay the private school fees. So he’s moving to the under resourced technical school down the road.

Nah, Hibberd is the bloke that plays at a footy club and decides he wants to go to another footy club after a 12 month suspension

so, about my decision to leave, i ahhhh… yeah… can i stay?

Will he change his mind?

Or will he watch the momentum and excitement build for EFC and be on the end of a belting round 1.