Former #1 Pig Hibberd

Will he change his mind?

Or will he watch the momentum and excitement build for EFC and be on the end of a belting round 1.

Paul Connors won’t be taking his calls today.

so, about my decision to leave, i ahhhh.... yeah... can i stay?

DEA (wearing #1): No you may not signs 10 year deal

I wonder how Hibbs is feeling being a footnote on the re-signing of the players in just about all publication? Lonely?

Hibberd wanting to come back to EFC, Dea occupies his spot:

He’s getting a longer contract isn’t he
He’s probably feeling fine
But I wish he’d change his mind and stay

26. It's enough. Go to the draft with 1, 19 and 26. Unless Fyfe or Jack want to come here just go with those and look at Dea and possibly Kelly as DFAs.
If we're going to go down that route (and I think that or turning #1 into two picks is likely), then I would see if Melbourne would be interested in trading #26 and their 2017 2nd rounder for Hibberd, #37, #55 and our 2017 3rd rounder. Improves their first three picks in the 2016 draft from #44, #62 and a later pick, to #37, #44 and #55. They are likely to win on points, but if we're not using #37 or #55, who cares?

Would mean we’d have two 2nd rounders going into next year’s draft. Good for a trading or drafting position.

He has made his decision… After what the players have been through can’t really hold it against him. It appears he got a better offer - Sorry that he chose to go but life goes on and we will be able to fill the hole he has left.
I wish Hibberd, Crameri and Melk (but not their clubs) all the best for the future.

Am happy for Hbberd to change his mind, prefer him over pick 26.

does pick 26 have a right foot?

Thanks Pig for saying you’re staying if reasonable terms can’t be reached.

That is a big improvement on the Houli scenario in 2010, where Richmond were offering us pick 46 that we didn’t think we’d even use and Houli was happy to be walked to the PSD. Hird would have kept Houli and Richmond got a player that has been best 22 for the past 6 years for free. They knew he was going to walk into their senior team but called us unreasonable for us wanting a better pick than we used to get him (42) and we had got him AFL ready for them.

Hibberd offering to stay is a better option than getting unders for him, so hopefully Melbourne either put the correct value on him or we keep him, and not lose him like Houli for free (ironically we lost Houli but got Pig in the same PSD - both Karma and humour there, we ended up taking Alex Browne at pick 48 and Luke Davis at pick 64, there were better players that we had the opportunity to take but weren’t on our radar - Puopolo is the standout at pick 66).

So not taking pick 48 on principle didn’t make any difference to our outcome, and given Richmond took Jake Batchelor and we took Ariel Steinberg with picks 30 and 31, we probably weren’t going to do too much better even if we got pick 30 off them unless we were looking at Luke Parker (pick 40) after Steinberg.

Momentum

derm having a good rambling monologue on how we can’t say anything about hibberds worth

Sorry to tell you this but Melbourne do not want to give us pick 26 for Hibbard as they say it is overs. They want to keep 26 as it is there 1st. draft pick, and it is in the Second round…

Sorry to tell you this but Melbourne do not want to give us pick 26 for Hibbard as they say it is overs. They want to keep 26 as it is there 1st. draft pick, and it is in the Second round....
Which is crazy because it is unders.

Let him go in the draft then.

Nah, he’ll just finish his contract here

He still has a year on his contract, he won’t go to draft. Melbourne don’t want trade 26 as they’ve already traded their first pick in this draft last year. quite a quandary, no wonder he’s come out and said he’s willing to stay if Melbourne can’t do a deal

I hope Jackets is smart enough never to give away future picks. No good can come from it.

Sorry to tell you this but Melbourne do not want to give us pick 26 for Hibbard as they say it is overs. They want to keep 26 as it is there 1st. draft pick, and it is in the Second round....

Fine. He plays at Essendon next year then.

So they don’t think he’s worth 26. Obviously don’t rate him.