Former #1 Pig Hibberd

Lol. So now we’re going to be dissed for not accepting pick 78 for someone Melbourne are desperate to get hold of. Come back next year with a better offer you clowns.

His own effwit manager said only a week ago that pick 26 is fair and it should be done quickly. I’m sorry but if Melbourne are baulking at pick 26 then THEY are the unreasonable ones in this scenario.

He’s contracted and has said he is happy to stay. Don’t give a stuff what anyone thinks, 26 is unders and more than fair, only a complete moron thinks otherwise.

Jackets just has to walk in and first thing on trade day 1 say to Melb “Pig for 26 take it or leave it”, then leave it there and move on to other business. Don’t even mention it or engage with them on it again. The offer can stay there all through trade period. When he sees a signature from them first, we sign off, done.

Either way we move on. Personally would love him to stay, after next season, I reckon we are an even better chance to extend his stay once he is around the reenergised club environment.

So pick 26 is overs yet they are offering a 4 year deal?

Yea because he nominated them, we are expected to accept a pick in the late 40’s to 50’s.

Delist

He was average at best for months before the ban, not a big loss at all.

His 2nd half of the season was getting back to the Hibberd we know.

Most of them played poorly at times leading up, was he just burned out like Jobe was?

Most of them played poorly at times leading up, was he just burned out like Jobe was?

Seems to me Pig was one of the hardest hit (mentally/emotionally) by the whole saga and i think you are correct, he was burned out and struggling to seperate his emotional state from his on field performance
Add to that he suffered a handful of injury problems and it was a very difficult period for him

If a deal cant be done and he stays i think he will return to the dashing half back we remember him as
(Also think if he stays next year he will stay beyond)

His own effwit manager said only a week ago that pick 26 is fair and it should be done quickly. I'm sorry but if Melbourne are baulking at pick 26 then THEY are the unreasonable ones in this scenario.

Yes but Essendon is hard to deal with.

Yea because he nominated them, we are expected to accept a pick in the late 40’s to 50’s.

Welllll… He nominated them and then said he kinda wouldn’t mind if he didn’t get there. Doesn’t leave them in the strongest situation to make demands.

Similar to the Dogs offering crameri bigger coin and a longer term then telling us on day 1 of trade week that he’s only worth pick 42. Its all bullcrap brinksmanship.

We give Melbourne Hibberd.
Melbourne gives Dunn and pick 26 to Lions.
Lions give us 20.

Leaves us with 19 and 20 consecutively :slight_smile:

We give Melbourne Hibberd. Melbourne gives Dunn and pick 26 to Lions. Lions give us 20.

ahm…

We give Melbourne Hibberd. Melbourne gives Dunn and pick 26 to Lions. Lions give us 20.

ahm…

??

Why would lions give up anything for a guy they can get for free?

It’s a negotiation. Of course their start point is going to be unrealistic.

Separately, no AFL club could possibly think that bringing in Lynden Dunn is a good idea.

In completely unrelated news, kepler Bradley just became a premiership coach (claremont reserves)

It's a negotiation. Of course their start point is going to be unrealistic.

Separately, no AFL club could possibly think that bringing in Lynden Dunn is a good idea.

My Melbourne supporting mate was trying to sell me Grimes or Dunn as a fair trade for Hibberd. I had a good laugh over that.