Former #1 Pig Hibberd

This tactic of luring players with big contracts and then not wanting to trade to get the player really is starting to get prevalent. Why aren’t we doing it?

This tactic of luring players with big contracts and then not wanting to trade to get the player really is starting to get prevalent. Why aren't we doing it?

Because we are hard to trade with and no-one will take us seriously!

The Dees will want to try and be sneaky on this one, no first rounder this year, next years is not allowed to be traded. Next years second will be less. i can't see anything but 26 being used.

If Melbourne don’t want to trade 26 then they run the risk of Pig staying.

WTF? They traded out their first rounder and now they wanna keep 26 because it's their first pick in the draft?

You know how you can keep a hold of pick 26? Don’t fkn poach a player worth that pick!

That’s not how it works… “Hi GWS, we are in the market for your boy Jon Patton… you see… uuuhhhmmm… we just really like the idea of having pick 1 and Patton… sooooooooooooo…”

Spoken truly like a club that has exists on hand outs. Council-like mentality.

The Dees will want to try and be sneaky on this one, no first rounder this year, next years is not allowed to be traded. Next years second will be less. i can't see anything but 26 being used.

If Melbourne don’t want to trade 26 then they run the risk of Pig staying.

I really just think pig saying that was a face-saving exercise. Nothing more.

WTF? They traded out their first rounder and now they wanna keep 26 because it's their first pick in the draft?

You know how you can keep a hold of pick 26? Don’t fkn poach a player worth that pick!

That’s not how it works… “Hi GWS, we are in the market for your boy Jon Patton… you see… uuuhhhmmm… we just really like the idea of having pick 1 and Patton… sooooooooooooo…”

The funniest thing is that they traded their pick to get in front of us in the 2015 (move from 6th to 3rd) because they thought we were going to take Oliver. Fact is that we were never going to take Oliver if Francis and parish were both on the table so they wasted their pick.

Oliver will be a very very good player.

The funniest thing is that they traded their pick to get in front of us in the 2015 (move from 6th to 3rd) because they thought we were going to take Oliver. Fact is that we were never going to take Oliver if Francis and parish were both on the table so they wasted their pick.

Still to early to pick who will be the better player Oliver or Parish. My money is still on Oliver

I’ll stick with Parish.

I'll stick with Parish.
Hoping I am very wrong ;)

Definitely. The point being though that they traded away something they did not need to to get him.

Parish and Francis are already very very good players

Yeah not sure why people want to go all “who is better”, they are both exceptional young players, neither team got it wrong.

Yeah not sure why people want to go all “who is better”, they are both exceptional young players, neither team got it wrong.

TBH you’re almost luckier to be second in that situation because it means we didn’t have to decide and couldn’t risk getting it wrong.

…huh?

TBH you’re almost luckier to be second in that situation because it means we didn’t have to decide and couldn’t risk getting it wrong.

Sorry, can’t let it go. That is such a loser mentality. Talk about externalising blame if it goes wrong. It reeks of worrying about what other people think.

Wow, you can tell the footy season’s nearly over, every thread is coming to a snarky little close. Without the flesh of their enemy to devour they turned in on themselves, ravenous and crazed with irrelevance. This is the Hibbo thread, finish your rep and Fark Carlton

Francis has shown he’ll be a good player. Nothing to suggest he gets a first team spot as of right now.

Olivesr will be a very very good player. are delicious fruit!

Fixed.

It's a negotiation. Of course their start point is going to be unrealistic.

Separately, no AFL club could possibly think that bringing in Lynden Dunn is a good idea.

My Melbourne supporting mate was trying to sell me Grimes or Dunn as a fair trade for Hibberd. I had a good laugh over that.

I’d like to reiterate the lolworthiness of this. Melbourne just delisted Grimes.