Former #1 Pig Hibberd

■■■■■■■ Hell!

Launched his boat into Western Port Bay yesterday for a fishing trip with a mate/brother and hasn’t been seen since.

Yesterday was a pretty ■■■■■■■ diabolical day to be out on PPB, not sure if WPB would’ve been any better. Search underway…

Where’s that been reported? Haven’t heard that.

Edit: heard about the fishermen obviously but not the identity.

This says it’s his brother, not him.

1 Like

Just now on SEN

thanks for clarifying.

Why were they out fishing anyway? Isn’t that banned?

5 Likes

yes it is.

That they would consider going out in yesterday’s conditions suggests they’re not the sharpest tools in the shed and probably hadn’t considered for a moment that it was probably also banned.

3 Likes

For goodness sake, why would you go out in yesterday’s weather? Even if it was allowed you wouldn’t go out in that.

2 Likes

Fisherman are a bit of a weird breed. Was similar conditions in Adelaide Friday and they showed blokes fishing off the rocks. I swear they have a death wish

3 Likes

Not looking great for those two lads, irrespective of current fishing bans. Tragic outcome awaits, unfortunately.

1 Like

Darwin award?

5 Likes

Fishermen are a strange breed. I went fishing with a neighbour off the rocks at Wonboyne on the far south coast. When the waves started to wash over the rocks I said, I am moving this is too dangerous.
He said, “You are p1ss weak and don’t deserve to catch any fish.” I said its dangerous I am going in and you should too. Nup he said. As I was climbing down off the shelf I heard him yelling, I dropped my gear scambled up the rocks and he had fallen over and still trying to hang onto his fishing rod, he said there’s a big fish on there. I said you f*cking idiot let it go or you’ll go. He looked at me kind of sheepishly and let the rod go. I screamed you are b1oody lucky you didn’t drown. I would have had to tell your wife, I am never going fishing with you again. And; I haven’t.

We didn’t speak for ten years when he came to my place and apologised.

4 Likes

Drowning is probably the last way I would want to die. I legitimately feel sick in my stomach whenever I hear of drownings. Horrific for all involved, feel for Pig at the moment.

1 Like

They have founds the boat washed up on the rocks I think the editorial said.

They haven’t found the two blokes yet but did say, they did not think they had life jackets.

It’s actually said it’s one of the more pleasant ways to go.

2 Likes

No one has come back and told me if it’s good or bad so I’m not willing to take a chance :rofl:

11 Likes

I hope to never test either, but I imagine burning to death as being far worse than drowning.

4 Likes

And I thought the COVID thread was depressing.

■■■■.

9 Likes

Where you fishing for an apology

2 Likes

Worse than being a Fark Carlton supporter?

2 Likes