#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Hopefully Melbourne have had a Richard Tambling moment.

Or a Cale Morton moment. Or a Jimmy Toumpas moment.

Heā€™s a cross between Goddard and Hurley. I think heā€™ll play forward and hopefully work on his tank. Will take his game to a whole new level. I think j the few mistakes in his games stem from being buggered and not having the fitness to ale his legs do what his brain wants. Once he has a tank look the fark o ut!

Donā€™t forget Watts!

ā€œHeā€™ll make mistakes, as he did with our side at times this year,

Damping down the flames of expectation ? Might be doing the kid a favour. All he has to do is make less mistakes than BJ did this year and he gets a pass from me.

Donā€™t forget Watts!

Or Lucas Cook or Jorsan Gysberts or Jack Trengove orā€¦

ā€œGee Iā€™m worried that Melbourne didnā€™t want him with their early pickā€ - you should be worried if they were interested.

Laverde, Langford and Francis.

Going to be very hard for teams to keep these guys covered in years to come.

This kid will be known as the best player from the draft in future

The club must be absolutely wrapped to have gotten him.

One of the most talented players to walk through the door in a few years IMO and that is saying something.

This guy has crazy potential.

I wonder why Melbourne appeared to have no interest in him. I donā€™t think there was really any go home factor for a bloke that was from country SA. I think heā€™ll turn out a star, whereas Parish and Oliver could go either way. Iā€™m really happy with this pick.
Not true, he desperately wanted to get to us and if not he would of preferred to stay in Adelaide. Very real chance he would of quit Melbourne in 2 years and my understanding is he may of mentioned that at the interview he had with Melbourne as they cooled on him pretty quickly after that

But you canā€™t say ā€œstay in Adelaideā€ if heā€™s not from Adelaide, heā€™s from bum ā– ā– ā– ā–  Idaho. I think any club in Melbourne would have been good enough as a home for him. But hey maybe this one really played in our favour, other clubs might have thought heā€™d go back to SA and was a risk.

I think he starts training today. Will be very interesting to watch his progress.

This kid will be known as the best player from the draft in future

The club must be absolutely wrapped to have gotten him.

One of the most talented players to walk through the door in a few years IMO and that is saying something.

This guy has crazy potential.

I wonder why Melbourne appeared to have no interest in him. I donā€™t think there was really any go home factor for a bloke that was from country SA. I think heā€™ll turn out a star, whereas Parish and Oliver could go either way. Iā€™m really happy with this pick.
Not true, he desperately wanted to get to us and if not he would of preferred to stay in Adelaide. Very real chance he would of quit Melbourne in 2 years and my understanding is he may of mentioned that at the interview he had with Melbourne as they cooled on him pretty quickly after that

But you canā€™t say ā€œstay in Adelaideā€ if heā€™s not from Adelaide, heā€™s from bum ā– ā– ā– ā–  Idaho. I think any club in Melbourne would have been good enough as a home for him. But hey maybe this one really played in our favour, other clubs might have thought heā€™d go back to SA and was a risk.

He hails from Loxton which is only a hour and a half from Adelaide but has been boarding in Adelaide for a fair while whilst attending college. Has a real good network of friends in Adelaide and has grown up around the West Adelaide football club. Can definitely tell you it was us and then the Adelaide clubs in that order, he definately was t looking forward to another Melbourne club.

Melbourneā€™s decision on him wasnā€™t about go home factor.
They have options for the backline. They arenā€™t great but compared to their midfield and tall forward stocks, itā€™s solid. They also spent the trade period getting Melksham (earmarked to play backline) and Bugg.
They gave 10 games last season to Stretch and Neal-Bullen. Cam Peterson (when not injured) and Watts were still getting games last season as well.

I hope he doesnā€™t go forward straight up, I want to see him, Hooker and Hurley all in the same backline first. He just looks like one of those rare talents who sees where the ball is going to land before anyone else.

I hope he doesn't go forward straight up, I want to see him, Hooker and Hurley all in the same backline first. He just looks like one of those rare talents who sees where the ball is going to land before anyone else.
That would seemingly preclude him playing in our forward line, ball's not going to go there!

Iā€™m not prepared for mistakes.

Semi-casual writing.

Melbourne's decision on him wasn't about go home factor. They have options for the backline. They aren't great but compared to their midfield and tall forward stocks, it's solid. They also spent the trade period getting Melksham (earmarked to play backline) and Bugg. They gave 10 games last season to Stretch and Neal-Bullen. Cam Peterson (when not injured) and Watts were still getting games last season as well.

I really doubt those awesome backline ā€˜optionsā€™ are the reason for overlooking Francis.

I hope he doesn't go forward straight up, I want to see him, Hooker and Hurley all in the same backline first. He just looks like one of those rare talents who sees where the ball is going to land before anyone else.
That would seemingly preclude him playing in our forward line, ball's not going to go there!

What do you mean? One of the biggest problems in the forward line has been that no one knows where itā€™s going because itā€™s been blindly chucked on the boot in a hail Mary like fashion. If this guy can see where itā€™s going while Joe is getting scragged by 4 defenders and everyone else is practically still trying to get back from our defensive 50 it could work well!

*Formerly.

Maybe it was a black tie event?

I donā€™t understand why anyone questions Acemanā€™s posts relating to Adelaide. He knows his stuff.

One thing i agree with yaco on, ace practically runs adelaide.

One thing i agree with yaco on, ace practically runs adelaide.

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER