#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I hope he stays a bomber mate.

Not sure why you think it’s in our best interest he leaves.

7 Likes

Yep, got a bit ahead of myself there.

I’m just so pleased that he’s in a space where he’s happy to return to the game. Any steps forward from here are a bonus in the overall scheme of things.

26 Likes

In fact Mr Ewok, I disagree.

I should have known better, and it is a large lesson for me to pull my farking head in. If I or others are in any way responsible for Franga’s state of mind then I am sincerely ashamed, and very contrite.

After reading the posts in the Mental Health thread, I reckon we all need to be more careful in what we say. I acknowledge and accept all the comments from those who have bagged me.

Aaron Francis is the only important one here.

65 Likes

I recall Paul Salmon saying one key reason he wanted the trade to hawks was that Essendon fans were jeering him regularly as he struggled with injury. That was disgraceful. You’re not responsible for Aaron Francis not enjoying footy, but I agree we should be aware that verbal violence - and there is a lot on here, some directed towards you - is still violence.

2 Likes

We should direct all our verbal abuse to Fark Carlton.

17 Likes

VERBAL MONSTERING

2 Likes

Copping it from opposition supporters is an expectation.
But getting vitriol from your club’s fans, that would be difficult to take.

edit: That’s a general comment, not Francis specific.

3 Likes
  1. A news article every week stating that his work rate is poor and will likely get traded. (Even though he was on the injury list, or just recovered from injury).

Thing is Young Ewok, some of us are lucky enough to be able to handle it. The lesson for me is that you can never assume that is everyone has the same reaction or mindsets, and that the fault is all mine.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is the mark of a man.

15 Likes

bit of a backhander just above your post tho wimm…

1 Like

For the sake of correct language the term is verbal abuse and/or assault, not violence.

2 Likes

sigh
Well…yes.
That’s unfortunate.

Sorry barnz not all.

Understand that I was brought up on sticks and stones etc, and that verbalising was just part of the culture. That is what I meant and not that it is any weakness on Frangas part, but a stupid reaction from me. Wont happen again, even old blokes can learn.

11 Likes

The problem for all of us who support Bacchus’ contrition and new found wisdom regarding being careful about what we say is that if we are genuine we all must immediately stop abusing the umpires not just at the footy, but also on here, as umpires are people too and they suffer from this culture of abuse.

1 Like

It’s still alright to bag a ranga umpire, surely? They don’t have souls.

1 Like

I’m out…

3 Likes

I’m not an umpire abuser but I have little sympathy for them unfortunately.

Our side has been screwed over by them for so long and that goes for at VFL level also that I have no issue with the abuse they cop.

For mine it’s bordering on cheating what they do and it can’t simply put down to incompetents.

1 Like

Glad to see Aaron participating in full training. Bit by bit he’ll get there. I’m sure his teammates will get a real lift seeing him back at the club. Keep going young man!

2 Likes