#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I’m sure you will change your tune on friday night when they are gifting the crows free’s in front of goal

3 Likes

Umpires?

Well…I have as much respect for them as I would someone who can’t handball, and then lobbies to ban handballs.

Fact: throughout this country there are umpires who can perform the basic skill of bouncing the ball.
They do not umpire AFL.

All umpires have no souls.

While I acknowledge your valid point, I have to disagree.

We can still find some room for directing verbal abuse to Gil and his corrupt mates.

4 Likes

The idea that umpires are favoring one team over another is an opinion shared by sports lovers from every team and every sport.

There is no conspiracy. There is no favoritism. It’s all in your head.

5 Likes

What f**kin’ drugs are you on?

That’s not entirely true. I am pretty certain teams that wear lighter colours are sub-consciously favoured by umpires

https://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

3 Likes

I guess we could criticise their performance while not criticising them as people.

Maybe.

Might take some concerted effort.

1 Like

Yeah, nah disagree.

This thing we call a game is also a business.

Call me tin foil hat or what ever you like but I believe that the best way to maximise the profits is to control results.

Umpiring is the easiest way of doing that.

3 Likes

i can’t even understand still watching football if you truly believed this. Might as well go watch the digital dogs at the local TAB

1 Like

How do you explain things like this then?

If the first clip shows what the maggots are expecting to pay free for … then look what they do the next time. These two decisions alone made a 12 point difference to the scoreline.

It’s from a while ago, but we get this sort of thing just about every week. I can’t recall the last time we got an outrageous free paid to us. (Actually, I can - it was against Fitzroy in their last season when the AFL was killing them off).

2 Likes

Anyone else beam ear to ear when they read the positive news about Francis? Legit don’t even care about his footy career comparatively (which surprises me). Just hope he’s enjoying himself.

24 Likes

Because I love the game and I believe that the club itself wants to win.

Not sure why you said the digital dogs.

Pretty clear that results are effected in the live animal races as well.

Bit naive.

Only if they’re female.

1 Like

Yes very much so. I have learnt too he made the call to comeback prior to Marty injury so he was wanting to be back at club and the boys. All positive. Now to play some good footy

26 Likes

So in practice, this means sitting umps in a room and telling them to screw some teams over? And they all agree? And no one has ever gone whistleblower on this conspiracy?

Putting this madness aside, what possible benefit is there to favoriting teams that we play against? We are a massive cash cow for the AFL.

5 Likes

Is that the best example you can come up with? The free paid against Davey for holding the ball was correct. There should have been a free kick to Stanton.

How do I explain the mistake? Human error. Just like the error that led to a Carlton player kicking backwards 40m to a contest.

3 Likes

Not the best, but it was handy. I am sure there would be more egregious ones than that.

And if you think the one paid against Davey was correct, then JD should be getting 10 frees a game.

The whole the umpire conspiracy against us I ridiculous. I agree with windy. You ask any one eyed supporter from any club - they all get shafted. If it were true, there is no way on this earth not ONE umpire would not leak something.

Pannell has a personal agenda against us but. I mean, 40k of our fans jeered him off after being knocked out would probably do that

11 Likes

Unfortunately the AFL is all about manufacturing outcomes, sometimes we no doubt manufacture some of the conspiracy in our heads, but if you think the AFL didn’t deliberately run Fitzroy into the ground with all available means, didn’t favour Sydney to win a flag by not suspending Barry Hall, don’t favour GWS and GCS and whichever new franchise whose turn it is to win.

Most umpires in the game are no doubt honest, but at times, it happens in lots of industries, if the worker doesn’t see the writing on the wall when your employer wants a certain outcome and they don’t deliver it, jobs and opportunities mysteriously dry up.

Even Hird, if he went with the narrative that the AFL wrote for him, no doubt would have been favoured later on in some way or other. The other side of the coin is what actually happened.

Things don’t have to be provable to be true, you just need people, including umpires, who know which way the wind is blowing and provide the outcome the AFL obviously desires, and mysteriously their career will thrive.

5 Likes