#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

BRING

2 Likes

Footballers miss goals and make mistakes consistently yet an umpire makes a few mistakes and Itā€™s a conspiracyā€¦ However in the moment I feel the umpires are against us when itā€™s tight or losing and amused at how soft the free kicks we get when weā€™re winning. Viewing would be better if they didnā€™t try to find the best angle of how bad the umpire call was, no need to replay it.

Perhaps itā€™s you that canā€™t see beyond your own bias rather than the umps.

2 Likes

HIM

IN!

7 Likes

Pannell was rogering us long before he got KOā€™d. I was at the game when it happened and at first I was concerned, but once I realised who it was I just thought ā€˜pfftā€¦who caresā€™.

5 Likes

Great that Franga feels well enough to get back into training. Hope it does him the world of good.

1 Like

Yep.

#freekickHawthorn wasnā€™t just a figment of our imaginations.

Neither were the Doggies or Richmondā€™s years of being favoured.

It happens in all sports.

4 Likes

The idea that umpires donā€™t have human beliefs, likes and dislikes and biases is fantasy.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. The conversation is about an orchestrated attempt by the AFL to influence results by instructing umpires to favor some teams over others.

You do realise that money is a very common justification for doing wrong to other people donā€™t you!?

Itā€™s the very pillar of capitalist societies.

1 Like

Get the hell back on topic

9 Likes

Favoritism and biases can and almost certainly do exist without a top-down conspiracy.
Although Iā€™d note it only takes two to form a conspiracy. An ump making a mistake + his boss whitewashing it = a conspiracy.

All off topic though.
Good on the big rang.

You should write a note to the club addressed to Aaron. He will no doubt remember your interaction.

I was one of if not the biggest poster to rip you to shreds after what you did to Aaron, great to see you have acknowledged your mistakes and are learning.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve bagged you and given you sh*t over the whole Francis affair, mostly because you didnā€™t see/understand what affects what you did to him could have on him, and you seemed very flippant on the whole affair. Iā€™m glad to see youā€™ve seen the light on the subject, so to speak. I also think it speaks volumes to admit your mistakes, I commend you on that. Iā€™m also not proud of some things Iā€™ve said to you out of anger for what you did to Francis, two wrongs donā€™t make a right.

Iā€™d like to think with a new year maybe we could both have genuine, kind hearted discussions on football with some disagreements without getting nasty with each other, Iā€™d rather aim it Adelaide on Friday.

10 Likes

Im looking forward to see him have fun on the footy track.

I think the Francis situation should have been a wake up call for many of our supporters about what we expect of our young players.

Many of the comments about Francis during Trade week were quite frankly sickening and pathetic. Iā€™m certain many EFC supporters have had a good hard look at themselves.

1 Like

Ummm, so how did Franga train?

1 Like

He held together and didnā€™t burst.

1 Like

Who?

There can be no training of Franga. He only performs at the big dance.