#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

It’s the bubbles of nothing that make it really something.

Really surprised that Sportsbet market is at 15.5…

Would have imagined it’d be at 8/9/10 in which case I’d have a little tickle at “over”.

Wondered over to the Sensational forum and noticed a ‘Carlisle vs Francis’ thread that had morphed into a ‘Carlisle and Gresham’ vs ‘Francis and Redman’ thread. They reckon they won…

Wondered over to the Sensational forum and noticed a 'Carlisle vs Francis' thread that had morphed into a 'Carlisle and Gresham' vs 'Francis and Redman' thread. They reckon they won....

No mention of Bird in that comparison equation?
Carlisle vs. Francis and Bird would be a fair comparison seeing we got Bird thrown in as the gold-plated steak knives. Who is the premiership winning player out of that lot? A Coke snorting ■■■■■■ up against a premiership winning mid-fielder and potential champion. Now - who wins?

The fact both clubs supporters can convince themselves that they won indicates it was a fair trade

Or that we have no idea.

It's the bubbles of nothing that make it really something.

Swish.

Well considering that our recruits haven’t played a game of AFL football, you’d expect that they would be happy with the trade they got.

Wait till they start losing games. Carlisle becomes the whipping boy, because they expect him to be an elite defender who can play on the best forwards.

Plus Francis tears it up. They’ll start fuming about the trade.

I think Carlisle will come out & give his all for the Saints.

Saints done well and we done well.

Fark Carlton and thinking they were getting him for nothing.

The Saints will appear to have won when Carslisle has a good start and Francis is developing.

But in the end we will win because I don’t think Jake has the character to ‘stay’ professional for the rest of his career, and I believe Francis will be as good back but make a better forward than Jake if required in the future.
*And not sook about it!!!

The Saints probably fared better than us because Carlisle is a ready made KPP who can shore up their defense and Gresham is an extremely exciting prospect, but Carlisle is a better fit for their club than he is for ours. With Hurley and Hooker, and Carlisle’s refusal to make a go of it up forward, he was surplus to our needs. I’d rather bring in a Mitch Browne/Hartley and develop a player like Francis who could turn into a superstar utility without the attitude and behavioural issues of a Carlisle.

I think it’s telling how willing Essendon appeared to be to let Carlisle go.

Good little read about Francis

Also interesting game must have been when he was best on against Werribee, Sheehan commented about it a few times and 1 member on here comments about it.

Kid can play!

article from 2012

Aaron FRANCIS — started playing football at East Murray aged eight and is now with the Loxton North Under 15s. Aaron represented the State Under 12 team and in 2012 was in the SA Under 15 side at the National Championships in Adelaide and was named in the All Australian team for the age group. Only two other players from this state were chosen. After finishing third in the Riverland League Under 15 Best and Fairest voting he received an invitation to join West Adelaide in 2013. Aaron will join Henley High Schools successful Football Program in 2013

The Saints will appear to have won when Carslisle has a good start and Francis is developing.

But in the end we will win because I don’t think Jake has the character to ‘stay’ professional for the rest of his career, and I believe Francis will be as good back but make a better forward than Jake if required in the future.

They would ■■■■■■ well hope so.
In any player-for-pick trade the player should be better in the short term, and the pick in the long term.

I am still mindful of the back problems that Carlisle had…Remember he couldn’t straighten up and missed the final?..Remember he lost feeling to his legs at training?..Scary stuff!..I think there might be a little vulnerability there. Maybe he knows it, and for that reason I don’t begrudge him wanting to play behind his opponent, or the need to maximise his pay while he can.

So, have we sacked him yet?

They would ■■■■■■ well hope so.
In any player-for-pick trade the player should be better in the short term, and the pick in the long term.

So are you saying Giles will be better than Brown in the short term :o

The fact both clubs supporters can convince themselves that they won indicates it was a fair trade

Or that we have no idea.

Well you didn’t have any idea about the Melksham v Redman comparision, even though you think we have won this trade already without Redman getting a kick in anger.

Oh yes, definite list clogger.

Get this; my Carlton suporting next door neighbour’s, politician friend’s, parking officer’s, journalist sister’s (The Age), prison serving second cousin twice removed’s, North Melbourne supporting rubbishman’s, used carsalesman brother’s, ice addicted adopted sister, who sells herself to make ends meet… yes well, her pimp’s retarded Collingwood supporting knuckle dragging minder reckons…

Francis couldn’t run out of sight on a foggy night and that if he were a horse - they would shoot him.

Err, you can tell of course that I may have fibbed a little bit here… the giveaway is that NO ONE supports farkin North Melbourne.

This sounds like the sort of thing someone would hear on the back nine.

I am still mindful of the back problems that Carlisle had...Remember he couldn't straighten up and missed the final?...Remember he lost feeling to his legs at training?...Scary stuff!...I think there might be a little vulnerability there. Maybe he knows it, and for that reason I don't begrudge him wanting to play behind his opponent, or the need to maximise his pay while he can.

Interesting comment and you could be right there. Maybe the reason for not wanting to play forward as he’s scared of getting a knee in the back.

We’ve dodged a bullet with this bloke in more ways than one.