#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I am still mindful of the back problems that Carlisle had...Remember he couldn't straighten up and missed the final?...Remember he lost feeling to his legs at training?...Scary stuff!...I think there might be a little vulnerability there. Maybe he knows it, and for that reason I don't begrudge him wanting to play behind his opponent, or the need to maximise his pay while he can.

Heard that his back is stuffed from 2 different people also.

I hope it’s not true, for some strange reason I still like him.

Wondered over to the Sensational forum and noticed a 'Carlisle vs Francis' thread that had morphed into a 'Carlisle and Gresham' vs 'Francis and Redman' thread. They reckon they won....

Amusing how none of them thought Carlisle was worth giving up pick 5 for during trade week, then as soon as they do, they think they won…

So, the message I’m getting from this thread is that it will feel better if we have an ultra thin franga?

The fact both clubs supporters can convince themselves that they won indicates it was a fair trade

Or that we have no idea.

I’m happy to concede the second one.

So, the message I'm getting from this thread is that it will feel better if we have an ultra thin franga?

Yep. Preferably with visible ribs.

Wondered over to the Sensational forum and noticed a 'Carlisle vs Francis' thread that had morphed into a 'Carlisle and Gresham' vs 'Francis and Redman' thread. They reckon they won....

Amusing how none of them thought Carlisle was worth giving up pick 5 for during trade week, then as soon as they do, they think they won…

They got pick 14 back remember.

They didn’t just give up 5 for Carlisle.

we got Pick 5, Bird and Pick 24 for Carlisle and Pick 23

Stkilda gave up pick 5 and Pick 23 for Carlisle and pick 14

Sydney got Pick 23 and lost Bird and 14 ? Other picks must have been involved (our 3rd round ?)

Whichever way you look at it, one fact remains:
we’ve won 16 (or 20 if you count the VFA flags) and they’ve won one!

Whichever way you look at it, one fact remains: we've won 16 (or 20 if you count the VFA flags) and they've won one!

To be fair and balanced though and credit where it’s due, they’ve won shitloads more wooden spoons then we have.

He just ran laps today and didnt join In with the main training group from what I saw.

So, the message I'm getting from this thread is that it will feel better if we have an ultra thin franga?

Yep. Preferably with visible ribs.

Works best if inside out.
Whichever way you look at it, one fact remains: we've won 16 (or 20 if you count the VFA flags) and they've won one!

To be fair and balanced though and credit where it’s due, they’ve won shitloads more wooden spoons then we have.

Important point that.

Testing.

Who is Aaron Francis and why is he breaking down ?

Maybe Francis couldn’t run out of sight on a foggy night, maybe the skinny ■■■■■■ would be invisible if he turned side-on — but he’s powerful enough to break one of Blitz’s boards,. He’s all right with me.

So Jimmy Bartel suggests in The Age that Adelaide should target Francis this trade period. Not advocating this, but out of interest what would be an acceptable trade for Essendon?

WHO THEY SHOULD TARGET:

Aaron Francis. South Australian boy who is still learning the AFL craft and building the engine to play sustained football at the highest level. He is a highly touted junior who is a natural football talent. Francis has played across half-back and is strong in the air. At 193 centimetres he is the modern half-back size, in the mould of Lever. His composed and powerful kicking would suit the Crows’ kicking game well, especially with the wealth of forwards they have hitting up at the ball.

Not sure they could match our asking price

It’s not often that you have the chance to come up with a player of this ilk, these days. It would a farkin travesty if he was traded. And I doubt he will, unless he really wanted to.

6 Likes

Adelaide or Port Adelaide’s first round pick isn’t enough.

Doddoro will want more.

Also if Francis turns out to be a good player, we look like absolute clowns for making a call too early.

Would have to be this years first and next years first. That would only just be enough to start considering it for mine.