#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

The footy season is about to start and he’s found some relative peace playing basketball with kids. Change is always possible, but changing to the 100% commitment which is needed to succeed playing AFL football is extremely unlikely.

We don’t have much information about Aaron’s specific case, but we are told he was not happy for a long time training and playing within the footy club, and he is now feeling better on the outside. Given there are so many highly talented draft picks who don’t get close to success, the inability to adjust to and enjoy the rigor of AFL at the elite level is probably a major cause of failure 2nd only to inability to get AFL fit due to constant injury. Aaron has had to deal with both.

1 Like

20 likes for that garbage.
Sadly, not surprising.

The funny bone is located just above the point of the elbow. Some people get through life without ever hitting it.

1 Like

Also the ability to read bone.

FWIW I think he is still in Melbourne doing all of this. Which suggests that homesickness is not the be all and end all.

He will tackle his own battles, and if he ends up playing footy then good on him, if he ends up going completely away from an elite sporting lifestyle then so be it. The relentlessness of it is not for everyone, despite how much talent you may have.

1 Like

He is. He came into work again today. Still looks very fit too.

11 Likes

Agree. It appears homesickness is not a major part of the issue, He has not gone running home to Adelaide as some in the media had implied last year. Fantastic that Hepp is keeping in touch.

No player has dropped into work up here. Just reporting in.

35 Likes

Hang on, that is a whole new ball game now for you.

I trust the fact that you don’t hear anything out your way. It’s honest, reliable info.

But if you are not seeing things now too, well, I don’t know what to think. I am totally lost.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the only player I see here in Geelong is Selwood ducking into the local Supermarket.

47 Likes

Does he buckle at the knees if someone brushes against him in the cereal aisle?

15 Likes

Buying Duck?

Oh no, he gets that for FREE :wink:

7 Likes

Hopefully there’s some Captain Crunch.

(Yes, that’s the best I could come up with)

1 Like

Does he come out with his head bandaged?

1 Like

Back at Essendon training today. Good signs!

53 Likes

WTF I’m so excited reading that.

5 Likes
45 Likes

So the sky isn’t falling after all!

Welcome back big red.

1 Like

If that works for him and puts him in a good space, then that’s great.
We are a lot more aware these days of his issues, so the support is there.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Hopefully that hip flexor is all healed up now after period of recovery and he’s in a good headspace.

3 Likes