#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Does this change anything in regards to your comments @fogdog? Or you still believe he will never play for us again?

2 Likes

Fogdog clarified that that was just his opinion, not based on any inside info.

3 Likes

Great, sorry I must have missed that.

Im sure heā€™s been doing some work away from the club in his absence. But there would be a massive difference to what he has done to training full time at the club. No way near ready to play. Id be more chance of getting a game round 1!! And the fact that he ran laps today instead of participating in the match sim proves my point.

No one wants him out there playing seniors more than me, but that isnt going to be round 1.

Donā€™t care if he just spends the next 8 weeks restocking BJā€™s pretzel bowl. Just so good to see him back at the club.

12 Likes

Slight communication problem. Parish was sure he heard the photographer say ā€œhook at the dickie birdā€.

1 Like

Fake News , I guess.

Just got a blowy from an Ewok?

Why?

I donā€™t think anyone really thinks heā€™s a chance to play Rd 1. I donā€™t. I think the jokes show how much we love him, thatā€™s all.

Regardless, thereā€™s no pressure.

I just want the best for him, including if heā€™s at the club for the next 2 weeks only to realise how much better life was not being an athlete, leaves, and we never hear from him again (other than that heā€™s going great guns out in the real world). I think most Blitzers if not all would agree

3 Likes

I guess Iā€™m a little spooked by reading that Johns actually got wind of the Messiah stuff, and that it was one more thing for him to process.
That, and that even though it really, really was all in funā€¦there were some people here who just didnā€™t get the joke, and either went all in on the Messiah stuff, or went the opposite way and insisted ā€˜He hasnā€™t done anything yet*!ā€™
Both wereā€¦disturbing.

In this case I just think Francis doesnā€™t need that ā– ā– ā– ā– .
Support without expectation.
His health comes first.
And second, third, fourth and fifth.

*thatā€™sthejoke.jpg

2 Likes

WIll be interesting if he gets a run in the next VFL practice Match. Or they may want him to do another mini preseason, similar to someone whos coming back from injury.
I dont think 4 weeks off will hurt him that much.
And with Gleesons injury would be good to see him played at Half back / 3rd tall in the VFL, where he can build his engineā€¦

As far as im concerned, Francis is just like a new draft pick this year. top 10 pick a couple years ago doesnt mean that much anymore. Ridley and Francis will both see Gleesons injury as a potential opportunity to break into the side. The same as Matty Dea.

And Matty Dea also said that Redman was getting desperate for a run in the seniors as well.

And it increases our depth again. Francis/Laverde/Langford are all in a nil all draw about who will improve and break into the side this year.

1 Like

Seeing the comments about him being back part time doesnā€™t make me expect him playing seniors any time soon.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they are comments verbatim. I think Hurls was saying heā€™s not sure if heā€™s just easing his way into coming back (part-time at first, then work back into full training) or whether heā€™s fine and itā€™s all systems go from here. I donā€™t think there is any pressure, clearly the concern is of his state of mind more than anything. For me itā€™s a positive step regardless. I havenā€™t given up hope on him at allā€¦

5 Likes

I think by having something outside footy, where he can get a sense of real pride and build self-esteem through coaching young boys is a great step forward.

1 Like

He has only been away 4 weeks, he will slowly build up and see how he goes.

1 Like

Iā€™d forgotten about the Johns thing. Would hope Francis doesnā€™t see our bullshit.

I suspect heā€™s got nearly everyone on ignore.

5 Likes

Fitness isnā€™t the issue here.

Itā€™s about dealing with stress. Heā€™s only just worked up the confidence to come back and train with his team mates. Building up stress resistance is crucial. Throwing him straight into high stress situation (dealing with media, dealing with supporters, big crowds, High pressure matches, dealing with critiques from inside & outside the club), is something that needs to be worked up to.

First step is enjoying & having fun at training.

Step 2 is easing into competitive football through the VFL. Or even send him to EDFL where he can enjoy his football without media and supporter focus.

1 Like

Rapt to hear heā€™s back training. I wish him all the best.

Glad heā€™s back. All the best to him no matter which way it goes.

Edit: lol at the almost word for word repetition of the post above.

1 Like