#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

No need now we have McGrath to play back pocket. Besides, pace of the modern game is possibly beyond Sheeds’ old legs nowadays.

8 Likes

Don’t disagree with that at all. He’s not far away.
In fact what I said was I personally wouldn’t do it Anzac Day, and also said the coaches may think differently.

1 Like

did Conor’s form warrant being picked? From all reports he wasn’t really making a big case for selection.

I think it’s either this week or the dees. The quicker we start to get games into a top 5 pick, the better imo

3 Likes

Yeah I personally wouldn’t do it for Anzac Day either. I’d rather see him run out another vfl game well but a small part of me hopes the coaches say screw it and give him a run

2 Likes

I agree with that. But continuity of games should be paramount, thus my reluctance to pick him if there’s a question he won’t come up 4 days later. When they pick him, it should be with a mind to him playing the next 10+ games.

Let the McGrath vs Francis battle for the Rising Star begin!!

6 Likes

I want him to play so badly.
I have a soft spot for him, along with McGrath, Laverde & Gleeson. I’m not doing too well atm.

But Melbourne will be a better game for him. And then we keep him in, hopefully.

1 Like

I’d rather he played quite well.

19 Likes

Just play him. Seriously Woosha, just farkin do it.

Do it.

5 Likes

BRING

6 Likes

HIM

6 Likes

IN.

7 Likes

OR.

NOT / ELSE

Yeah / nah.

3 Likes

Bring him in for the Melbourne game, with the aim that he can tear them apart and create some severe regret on their part.

1 Like

Play him before he gets injured again

13 Likes

you don’t think playing before he’s ready increases his likelihood of getting injured again?

Best way to find out if he’s ready, bring him in for AD and if he performs leave him in for the next month. The worst that can happen from his point of view is he founds out legit that he’s still not up to speed with his contemporaries. Best case is we win AD and announce a mad Franga Viking to the footy universe. ROLL THA DOICE

3 Likes

I think the reason many people are desperate for Francis to come in is; ‘if you don’t watch him play, he’s not developing’. Which is often the way with reserves football.

We’re only 4 games into the season & people are already calling for the old ‘play the kids’ mantra. That hasn’t worked for us the last 15 years, and won’t start now. Work ethic & self discipline is essential for good footballers, not rocking up and getting everything on a silver platter.

Francis is working extremely hard and will get his chance when he’s ready and it’s deserved.

4 Likes

Why, exactly, is it ‘the best way’ to bring him in specifically for Anzac Day?

1 Like