#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

this is the absolute last thing we should be doing with a prospect as valuable as him. you don’t “roll the doice” with a rolls royce!

exactly… setting aside the day it’s played on, it’s just another H&A game worth 4 points. A H&A game followed by a 4 day break to the next one which is also worth… 4 points.
It’s hard enough for hardened mature bodies to back up after 4 days, let alone a 19-20y/o kid with questionable fitness and conditioning and preparation. I don’t see how playing him for Anzac Day then missing the following week serves him that much benefit. Play Sunday VFL, another match under the belt and if his form warrants it bring him for Melbourne with a view to playing as many in a row as his body will allow, preferably the rest of the season.

3 Likes

Well, to start with, because I’m an anon fan on a silly forum who wants to see the kid on the biggest stage we’ll play on this year - almost certainly.

Secondly because he’s been reasonably consistent in the 2’s, his tank is being spoken about like it’s pretty much there, addresses a few areas we could be stronger in, and he genuinely appears to be a big moment player. If I’d said it could be a decisive developmental moment rather than “roll tha doice” perhaps that would’ve been more palatable. Pies will likely bring in Daicos. Tears all round when he dribbles the sealer.

Anyway, it’d be exciting. I like getting excited about my team, even more than by dry analysis from anon posters on a silly forum.

You people don’t get it

BRING
HIM
IN

13 Likes

Meh…I stopped there - it’s enough for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is his endurance really up to standard or is he just at a point where he’s able to run full games out now?

dat balanced and reasoned argument…

I’m a sucker for honesty.

1 Like

Ha, fair enough. I’m being flippant, I’d like to see him line up on the day. Selfish, based on nothing other than a hunch. It’s not as if he’s a first year player. There you go

1 Like

Don’t know. I’m not entirely sure there weren’t a few in the last two weeks who just “ran out” the games either.

Soft spot? Total opposite to me then.

BRING HIM IN,

From what woosha said on the radio, it sounds like mcneice and Stewart are almost in the team and Francis is just behind. Just quietly Francis is $41 for rising star. I got on McGrath at 9s

1 Like

He’s been training / playing for a few weeks now, right? He’s ready + the team need an injection of excitement / skill / mongrel to help reinvigorate the team

BRING
HIM
IN!

1 Like

BRING
THEM
ALL
IN

7 Likes

WOOSHA WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE

3 Likes

Francis $41 wow that has blown out. he was 3rd fav for a while?

1 Like

Hunch vindicated. Quasimodo out.

Not getting a game will do that!

1 Like

Played 2nd half as a mid so clearly VFL coach thought he could run out the game. He has been solid every VFL game without starring. To me what Francis has is a bit Rioli like. He may not get 30 touches but has the unique ability to do something dynamic that gets the team a goal. Did it twice in the VFL:when we needed it and various times in VFL finals last year. Not a player you count stats on…but notice impact in big moments.

7 Likes