#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Rioli’s game isn’t measured by stats.
Neither is Francis.
As Timmy said, just a natural born footballer.

3 Likes

Definite stayer for me. Got great “intensity” and the fitness will come in 3-4 games. He impacted early when it counted.

9 Likes

If he’s playing in the backline, needs to be in the AFL.

If he’s learning to be a forward, needs to play in the VFL.

I wanted to note that contest as a significant indicator of his worth to the side as well. It was a five on one contest and he didn’t panic and he held the ball up allowing a team to get there and kill the potential for a Collingwood counter. It was a very very good bit of play.

3 Likes

Plays next week. Showed he has it.

There’s no doubting his talent.

The aggression that he brings is something we don’t have a lot of.

Would be good to see him confidently running out games by the end of this year.

Consolidate next year.

Premiership the year after.

Was completely cooked in the second half. Spent a lot of time on the bench.

He wanted to come on but they wouldn’t put him on. Cooked.

Probably not this Sunday as he won’t recover but I think we should persist.

I definitely wouldn’t play him off the 5 day break.
I probably wouldn’t take him to Perth either. I’d give him another VFL game and set him for Geelong

1 Like

A FRANGA is safe in the packet, but that is not what FRANGAs are made for!

26 Likes

I second this. It’s time for him to learn his craft in the big time. Perhaps it means spending 10 min a quarter on the bench, but I think he won’t learn as much playing VFL footy. His fitness is not there yet, but it is miles ahead of where it was last year when he was having cramps in the 3rd quarter of VFL games.

By having him in and having to carry him a bit, it means we may need to be more ruthless with some others (Stanton, Zaha), far more upside with the Franga

is so good when he has puff in him. keep him in the seniors and he will adapt. it will take a few weeks, but hes too farking talented to not have out there

Needs to build his tank considerably. But showed some signs he will be a serious player.

My facourite, late in the last quarter, on our forward flank/wing area found himself outnumbered 4-1 put in 5-6 massive repeat efforts and almost won the ball before the 4 Pies were finally able to clear it.

3 Likes

Loved his 1st quarter. Did little after that.

1 Like

BOG post so far this evening. You’ve been next-level of late, mate.

Even ten minutes a quarter is worth it, absolute unit for his age and hits the ball and contest hard

those hands as well, solid mark

It’ll twelve minutes a quarter in a fortnight, then fifteen in a month or so, then twenty mins/qtr by August, etc.

Good fkn times ahead.

Loved that bit of play where the ball was going over his head. He jumped and gathered with one hand. He has great hands.

When it was ■■■■■■■ down and he streamed in from the side of the pack, you knew it was an eventuality that’d he’d mark it, not a possibility.

1 Like

Shows those glimpses of how good he is going to be, the sky really is the limit with this one. But as many have said he still seems miles off with his fitness and its not from a lack of trying. Bring Stewart in next week for him, we cant afford him in the side until he builds that tank a bit more. If we have had an injury the team would have been buggered.

1 Like

pretty much it. the first qtr and a bit is what you hope he’ll be across 4 qtrs one day.
the next 2 qtrs is just were he is at, doesn’t have the tank to roam around for 4 qtrs.
hopefully they can learn to manage him for his output at present, and maybe get a good 10 min patch a qtr out of him similar to the first qtr, until he does get that fitness base.

1 Like