#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Fair enough, I assumed as most our returning players are older players.

Theres enough players on our list that are ageing or not good enough that we could be having 4 or 5 changes again for the next 2 years.

Thatā€™s my point, 12 qtrs as a forward he has looked good in 1qtr at AFL level, his 1st game has been his best and it was as a defender.
same at SANFL level for West Adelaide.
His main weapon was his intercept marking and 60m kicks, he can do these 2 things more often as a defender, as that is where he reads the play the best.

Thatā€™s just my opinion though, he really gets lost playing forward.

Is a good size.

I just hope there its nothing wrong with him medically that could be impeding stamina progressionā€¦alas josh toy.

Just seems odd that in an elite training environment you can take so long to get to the required level to run out 4 quarters.

Still punting on him becoming an impact midfielder by 2019.
Collingwood mids scattered when he charged in of the square in the first quarter.

3 Likes

Nah, thereā€™s many that have gone before him of his shape and size (I think the technical term is ā€œA Lump of a Ladā€ ) that took as long to reach full fitness. The most prime & easily identifiable example being our own Jobe Brownlow.

Will take over the role of midfield bull from Jobe next year and the year after.

Is Dangerfield like in his pure power.

4 Likes

He also played well in other positions at U18 level.

And who do we have that is worth a first round pick or upgrade in that age bracket? Itā€™s ridiculous thoughts.

1 Like

see above

McGrath?

You do know they changed the academy rules, right? And even then they werenā€™t taking older players unless they really needed them. They got rid of them (e.g. Bird). Also, if theyā€™re senior players theyā€™re likely free agents. E.g. Zaharakis.

i never said trade players to academies, i said get picks from other teams and trade that onto academies.

Iā€™d be trading howlett, myers types tbh.

Itā€™s not ridiculous. For example: we finish 11th & get pick 26, Zaharakis leaves as a FA, we get an end of 2nd round compensation pick (a conservative estimate). Thatā€™s enough (26 & 37) to make a points win trade with an academy club who has a pick around 13-15 (say GC with Portā€™s 1st rounder).

So Sheedy needs to package him with Lloyd and trade him to West Coast for Judd?

We have someone in the VFL that could play that role, someone who has been likened to another Ballarat boy in Isaac Smith.
Just hope we can keep him under the radar.

1 Like

You mean apart from the fact that the AFL changed the rules to make those trades less likely? Or how they changed the rules with future trading, so first round picks are more valuable?

Or how about the issue I donā€™t think there are many academy players being spruiked this year?

What rules did the AFL change for trades since last year? And how did they change the rules for future trading since last year? There are a few academy player names being mentioned, but certainly not as many as last year.

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s likely, but itā€™s hardly ridiculous.

They changed the academy rules last year. Which is part of the reason you didnā€™t see any of those types of trades, whereas in 2015 there were a raft of them.

Isaac Smithā€™s from Young, NSW. Only about 6-7 hours from Ballarat!