#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Dodoro has been trying to get him before he was star for years.

3 Likes

Sorry guys, but, he wasnā€™t ready.

Had some nice cameos, but i watched him jog around in circles more than once today, looking like he didnā€™t know where he was.

We know he has talent & will be a future star, but thereā€™s more to AFL fitness than just being able to keep up to the pace, which he clearly couldnā€™t, but you need to be able to do that at full tilt all game & be able to think clearly as well.

Still a fair bit of spade work to do. You canā€™t carry a bloke with 9 touches for an AFL match if you want to win games. If it were anybody else, Zakka for instance, thereā€™d be howls of fury about that game.

3 Likes

if a 27 year old midfielder got 6 touches they deserve the kitchen sink thrown at them.

Green 10 possessions as small fwd, Stanton 11 possessions as ā€¦

Bring him in!!! Oh waitā€¦

Interestingly he had 97 mins on the groundā€¦ more than Stanton (93 mins), Zerrett (90 mins), Zaka (95 mins), Watson (89 mins) and many others.

Not sure what to make of thatā€¦ but it doesnā€™t look like he was being managed.

Often played as the deepest forward.

Would have definitely done the least amount of kmā€™s I would have thought.

He looked too knackered to even sing the song at the end.

Yeah, yeah, his fitness is an issue, but raw talentā€¦ Boy oh boy wowee.

1 Like

Heā€™s just a player that you want to have the ball.

you know hes gonna try to attack. hit a target 50 metres away all while looking like the coolest ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  on the ground.

One-step set shot goal from 50.

Why?

Because he could.

4 Likes

When i saw that just thought of @Eastie_Boi1 tugging one out to his bio-mechanics.

3 Likes

Looked to me as he often played as a decoy third forward - Seemed at times to purposely be out of the play to give Hooker and JD more space, and to stop Goldsack being the third up jumper.

8 Likes

KEEP
HIM
IN.

8 Likes

Heā€™s not going to get AFL match fit by playing in the twos.

1 Like

Give him a few games in a row. He needs to get used to the faster pace.

Has presence.

Canā€™t wait till he has tank

1 Like

Cracking talent. Absolutely loved his intensity and 2nd/3rd efforts, however itā€™s a pretty clear reminder of how far he still has to come re his fitness.

Usually, I wouldnā€™t be dropping a kid after one game (especially when he showed some really positive signs early), however with fitness a concern and a history of niggling injuries, I think itā€™s a risk with a 5 day break.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really understand the concerns about the short break. Sure, heā€™ll have some bruises and bumps, but aerobically he should be fine to back up. Shouldnā€™t be an issue.

I do agree that heā€™s not quite ready

1 Like

Fatigue. Weā€™ve had seasoned players ping hammies early in games because of short breaks. Hibberd on Anzac day after a 4 day turnaround stands out in my mind.

1 Like

Exactly.