#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Perfectly said

I want to see this guy burying vfl forward lines like he has shown before.

huge pack mark into 60metre missile to a teammate.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not returning til itā€™s a televised game.

13 Likes

Great to hear this good news about Azza

Somehow I love him more than ever.

3 Likes

If it wasnā€™t for what Aaron has been working through I would be pinning a lot of hope on him after the last couple of weeks. But clearly we arenā€™t doing that now. Anything Aaron achieves on the footy field from now is merely an added bonus. I am really pleased to hear he is doing much better. Letā€™s continue to support him and get right behind him whenever he is right to wear the red and black in a game again.

15 Likes

Momentum.

Good onya Big Red, we believe in you.

4 Likes

Francis progressing well
Callum Twomey, AFL Media April 13, 2018 11:22 AM

Aaron Francis has trained strongly since returning to the club and is edging closer to returning to a return.

ESSENDON is confident talented youngster Aaron Francis is getting closer to a return to the field after resuming training with the club in the past month.

The No.6 pick at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft took four weeks away from the Bombers in February as he battled a mental health issue before rejoining training in March.

Although he was drafted from South Australia, Francis remained based in Melbourne during his break away from the Bombers.

However, the 20-year-old has not played since getting back to Tullamarine, including sitting out last weekā€™s first game for the clubā€™s VFL side against Frankston.

Bombers football manager Dan Richardson told AFL.com.au the club was hopeful Francis will be back sooner rather than later, but a set date had not been locked in.

ā€œNothing is set in stone, but his program is building to a point at the moment where heā€™s involved in a good percentage of normal training, which is good,ā€ Richardson said.

"Weā€™re just wanting to get Aaron at a stage that gives him the best opportunity to not only play his best footy, but obviously get some continuity as well.

ā€œItā€™s hard to put a definitive timeline on it, but hopefully if it all keeps progressing OK weā€™re getting closer to introducing him back into some games.ā€

Francis has played five games for the Bombers in his two completed years at the club, and sought a trade to a South Australian club at the end of last season.

Contracted to the Bombers, no serious offers were put forward for Francis, who returned to the red and black.

He has struggled to meet the running and fitness demands required for the top level and had some soft-tissue concerns, but has shown his ability in defence and close to goal with Essendonā€™s VFL side and is a terrific intercept mark.

3 Likes

Some quality use of the English language.

11 Likes

l thought the same.

Anyone else edging with these franga articles?

3 Likes

BRING

2018 the comeback story ā€œAaron Francisā€

You missed one!

1 Like

canā€™t wait to see this guy return

4 Likes

Is there a reason why he isnā€™t playing VFLā€¦ his choice or clubs? I would have thought playing games, having a point for the the endless hours of training would be a positive but maybe not?

1 Like

@CJohns to Aaron

ā€˜Aaron, just an FYI - due to the Seniors performance to date, we have a board of blitzers who are more invested in your progress - than that of the Seniors teamā€™

GET.AROUND.HIM

PROGRESS.MOMENTUM

Good luck kid

He has a program mapped out which involves kilometers and fitness.

1 Like

I figured it would be something like thatā€¦ he just always struck me as a ā€˜game timeā€™ performerā€¦ the guys who could take or leave training but love stepping over the white line.

Oh well hopefully getting closer to getting out there.