#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Go get em Aaron

Glad to see you back

3 Likes

Very pleased for the big red one.

Is this the return or is he still returning?

Steady as she goes. Half a game this week, and take it from there.

Have to be patient, ā€¦ the last thing he or anyone wants is another preventable fkn injury.

5 Likes

So excited for him. Anyone going tomorrow give him an extra cheer from me.

1 Like

Fantastic news. This is bigger than the day Courtney Johns played his first game.

2 Likes

Almost

7 Likes

Pumped for the kid, hope he has a big smile on his face when he plays tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Was going to Vic Park tomoz anyway but now Iā€™m super excited to see the big red. Hope he does something special. Last time I was at Vic Park watching Anzac VFL a couple of years ago Red-Man did the super fend off right in front of me whilst I drank beers out of a slab I had purchased earlier at the local bottle. Taking the Mrs with the TW Sherrin tomoz. Will be amazing. Go big Sauce. So happy heā€™s happy enough to put the jumper back on. Hope he tears it up!

3 Likes

Just as a matter of interest I was wondering if the club would let Collingwood VFL know the reason Francis had time away from the club recently? No details, just make them aware. Or would they be all over it? Iā€™d hate to think someone might sledge unknowingly and what issues it may cause.

Redman would be nearby and would fark ā€˜em up, thatā€™s what would happen.

You wouldnā€™t tell the opposition your left ribs were a bit dodgy, would you? The type that target injuries shouldnā€™t be explicitly invited.

Hey Aaron is having a hard time. Go easy on him if you could. Cheers.

Yeah nah

2 Likes

I generally think clubs will be across whos had time away due to mental health. canā€™t have incidents like minson again.

1 Like

As an aside to Frangaā€™s wellbeing, thereā€™s lots of room to criticise EFC in fair measure as a club but Iā€™d like to think this is a showing of good culture. Thereā€™s probably a few clubs where he may well have either been neglected or eventually shown the door to go back home in time with a dismissal.

From what I know, I think the club and Heppell have been fantastic so far in looking after this fella and allowing him the potential to get the best from himself both on and off the field.

7 Likes

Azza is ready to play AFL again. Heā€™s recovered. AFL footy is a tough workplace but he doesnā€™t require special treatment by opposition players, as being considered different does not help. It is also inaccurate as every person has the capacity to suffer from mental, emotional or physical breakdown, itā€™s just a matter of crossing the line that triggers illness eg sleep deprivation will cause a mental breakdown in every person itā€™s just a matter of how long you can resist.

Azza has learnt something about his personal threshold, as did Hirdy who has been very open about the nature of his illness and the path to recovery, and the causes were very much played out in public.

4 Likes

Game day for big Frang! It brings me joy for so many reasons.

7 Likes

ITS TIME

6 Likes

I reckon sledging about mental health issues is on par with sledging about race and religion. Doubt theyā€™ll have a go at him over that

5 Likes

Especially not when a player at their own club has taken a well publicised sabbatical for mental health reasons.

iā€™d be something the footy world and general public would be very disappointed in.

1 Like

Hope he rips it apart!!