#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Who’s spot would he take in the back line? Might have to push Hooker forward again…

Godard, Hurley, Bagley… any of them

2 Likes

Baguley is a forward

Francis back where be belongs as a key back, Hurley floating back as he can’t defend, Hooker FF, McKernan roaming CHF, Stewart 3rd tall

1 Like

Has his form today warranted a call up this week?? That would be great to see.

Marking everything.

He’s playing well and I’m in the camp that we should just play him in the seniors but looking at him, he is still gassed after a couple of efforts which results in him just stopping to a walk as soon as the ball leaves his area.

At the next level up this would get exposed more, so we should temper our expectations on him until he builds his tank up sufficiently.

But yeah, we aren’t playing for anything else so just get games into him.

1 Like

Anyone suggesting we bring in another unfit player to the seniors needs to get their heads checked.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how fit a defender is when their opponent takes them to the cleaners, just like Curnow on Ambrose.
Ambrose can run all day but can’t play football to save himself.

Getting closer but still stuffed by the end of the game. Good signs though.

1 Like

I reckon hold him off until after the bye, and then guarantee him every senior match until the end of the year.

3 Likes

I watched a bit of the game, and BIG RED dominated in parts, just looks a cut above. Very impressive.

Ready in a couple of more games I reckon.

Great to see him back playing.

1 Like

PLAY THIS MAN.

He is what comebacks are all about. Farken ticker!!!

2 Likes

Ambrose was the right match up leading into the game, and he did well when curnow was chasing ball up field. The problem was when they set curnow as the marking forward, staying inside 50, Ambrose couldn’t match him in the air. So what did the coaches box do? Nothing.

But back to Francis, if he has another week in the twos like he did today, bring him in!

2 Likes

Quite seriously i wouldn’t put him anywhere near the seniors until they sort themselves out. Francis needs support not team mates continually turning on each other.

12 Likes

Fair point there!

1 Like

The priority is to bring in people who are going to bring effort and intensity. If he can come in and we’re confident he won’t injure himself, even if he might not run the game out as well as he will in 2020, he should come in.

1 Like

Last thing he needs is the misery of playing seniors for Essendon.

It sounds like he’s on the right track, why ■■■■ with it?

2 Likes

As much as I liked what I’ve read recently and saw today I’m in the give him time camp, rather than bring him in.

Let him build form and confidence. Let him be injury free. Let him build fitness. Let him find a bit of peace and joy, and re-build a robust sense of himself.

By all means get Langford, Clarke, Guelfi etc into the seniors and let them shoulder the pressures of a struggling team as we see what they are made of.

5 Likes

He was smiling and laughing at the end of the VFL game today, you’d hate to submit him to the horrors of the 1sts.

3 Likes