#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

The back 6 worked well. Harves pointed out the performance of the midfield as a key in making the defenders job easier. Harves named Hooker, Ambrose Ridley and Dea as well as Saad and McKenna in the post match. Its going to be hard to find a spot in there based on that, but Dea would be the one to make way.
Replacing Dea (186) with Francis (193) is that going too tall? Ridley (192) Ambrose (193)
Also remember Redman ( 186) is doing nicely in the VFL

Of course if it’s a detriment to his well being. But if the club thought losing would impact his mental health then he shouldn’t be anywhere near the ones anyway.

Dea was excellent so I would be disappointed if he was out.

Reward for performance.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be rushing this bloke. The longer he strings games together at VFL level, the better prepared he’ll be for WHEN he gets his chance.

As for his spot when that chance comes, I really think it comes down to roles. Ambrose is the lockdown tall & Saad the lockdown small with rebound ability. McKenna is the rebounder & Hooker the interceptor. Dea is the medium accountable type. Ridley definitely a rebounder on the weekends performance.

Ideally Francis would’ve filled Gleeson’s spot but unfortunately he had his own issues to deal with. I think Hurley comes in for Dea when fit and plays a medium/rebound/intercept role. I don’t think we can play all of Hurley, Hooker, Francis & Ridley in the one backline. Will be interesting to see if they swing Hooker or Hurley forward again.

10 Likes

Rest BJ and bring in Redmond. Not drop, rest.

1 Like

As much as I would like too, I don’t think we can. It leaves us short of on field generals.

1 Like

Most people do not think further than that.

1 Like

we have a very expendable role player in the team right now in dea.

Really?

Experience counts, but part of developing for the future is letting the next age group stand up.

I feel as if the backline has been more settled since Hooker went back.

1 Like

His future is with us though right? It would hurt losing him, I feel so invested in him, Like promise ring invested.

5 Likes

Make up a new position for him and play him there.

Of course it is. We sure as hell wouldn’t let go of him willingly. The talent of this kid is enormous.

3 Likes

Yes really.

Very true. Also true is that playing too many of them at once without enough on field direction makes you Carlton. I’d rather not do that. To him or to us. His time will come.

6 Likes

Carlton the same team which smashed our so called on field leaders?

Oh dear.
Yeah, whatever.

I wish he had the tank to be a mid

I wish he had the tank to be a defender.

9 Likes

He almost does. It’s only a bees away now.
If not for his break, he would be there by now.

11 Likes

This year is Goddard’s last yeah?

So I dont think this puts us behind schedule wuth the red one.

they would like him best 22 for round 1 next year. not all talls are Hurlesque and come on from thw get go. I expect though we will start getting a glimps of what peak Francis might look like by season end.

1 Like

That is music to my ears.

Edit: I should note good music. Not the dj thread music.

8 Likes