#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I hope they’re not inner city lattes

Now THAT’S a training routine I can get behind!

Yeah I’ve obviously been training way to hard.

1 Like

I went to school with a guy who ran a 10.6 (electric) 100 as a 16yo.

By the time he finished AFL he was a dour back pocket plodder.

They trained all explosiveness out of him.

Can only go by him and his family but they were taken by surprise when the club approached Aaron to see if he was interested in going home. From there Aaron and his manager started to look at options

6 Likes

From the interviews I heardwith his manager, he sounded begrudgingly & uncommitted to getting any trade completed.

While others (anyone that doesn’t want him at the club) are saying that Francis was eager to get ‘home’ to be with his family who don’t live in Adelaide.

But I guess people hear what they want to hear.

1 Like

So what your saying is Francis is begrudgingly staying but is uncommitted to Essendon because he is eager to get home to his family?

Thats not how I read jonovdp’s post.

I read it as his manager didn’t want Francis to be traded (as per request from the player himself) and was begrudgingly entering into trade talks whilst remaining uncommitted to sending him the SA. All the talk of him wanting to go home was not from the player but the club and people impatient with his progress.

Correct me if I’m wrong jonovdp.

1 Like

Kind of. But I think Slowstu is joking about the fact that I said, people choose what they want to hear.

When his manager said “Aaron will be looking for a trade”. It was very unconvincing. It very much sounded like Francis did not want to leave.

Especially when his manager said things like “but a trade will be unlikely” and “I’d expect that he’ll be at Essendon next season”. Far from convincing. Managers these days are hellbent on getting their players where they want to go.

Do you think Paul Connors would say in a media interview, “my player has asked for a trade home, but it seems unlikely that a trade will happen”. Absolute No chance.

1 Like

haha yep, not a chance in hell.

Maybe the club knew an Adelaide club wouldn’t cough up a top 10 pick so just did it to give him a subtle kick up the bum.

2 Likes

Correct, I should have used sarcstica font

Well I do work inner city

Personally I think club was impatient with his progress but also unsure of currency for the 3 trades we had lined up.

They also knew we had Ridley flying along in his development as intercept 3rd tall type, but had no genuine kpf cover (especially if Hooker moved back), so attempted to get the 3 way Schache trade happening.

Which looked a very real possibility until Brisbane coughed up pick 12 for Cameron which suited Crows more.

In any case he seemingly has fired up now with hiring PT leading into preseason, brother moving over to keep him focussed and have family there, so let’s hope we see the best of him either fwd or back in future.

Fark it I’m getting a pineapple donut after work :smiley:

3 Likes

Elitist

I also have Nutella filled donuts.

And all for the cheap price of $8

1 Like

Nick Smith?

He plays on all those big, slow forward pockets I guess.
Where’s bob when you need him

That’s called getting old.

1 Like