#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

We do need to do something about the forward-line, it’s not functioning well. Losing Joe and with Hooker down back - that was 100+ goals in 2017. Raz seems off the boil. Is he fully fit? Ditto Walla. Smack and Brown as key forwards don’t inspire much confidence nor provide many goals. Could Francis play up forward, kick a few goals and provide a ‘presence’?

I’m not sure releasing him into the cauldron over there in Perth in front of their rabid crowd where we get bent over routinely is necessarily the best way to re-introduce him to the senior team. I hope he plays against North Melbourne the following week though and goes on to play the last 9 games of the year.

8 Likes

One thing we don’t have to do with Azza is treat him any differently to any other player. He plays when the selectors think he is ready, where ever the team is playing, and in whatever position the team needs him.

If that means he has to play a role as 3rd forward against the top team in a cauldron full of rabid ferals where the umpires take bias to a new level, so be it.

1 Like

Don’t West Coast play about the tallest forward line/ruck combo in the league?

What if he ■■■■■■■ destroys them

3 Likes

Darling is currently injured

1 Like

Personally I think it would be madness to consider Francis as a forward at this stage and i’d be very surprised if the club does it.
Yes he has played some time forward, but remember last year he asked to be moved into defence. He has played his best football as a defender.

3 Likes

If he were to come in, I would play Oirish on the wing, delivering quality passes to our forwards, and Francis where he is playing best right now.

5 Likes
1 Like

Hurls and Hooker were playing more 1 on 1 roles yesterday and intercept marks were down. It was up to Dea to play as the intercept marking defender. He took 1. The rest of our tall defenders didn’t do much better.

Go down the other end. Outstanding performance by Harris Andrews, who took 9 intercept marks (probably equalled the total for all our defenders) also 19 spoils. That’s nearly half our inside 50 entries for the match, dealt with by one player.

TBH, Marty is still many weeks away. Francis is the man for that job.

However, I would not take him on the road to Perth, but wait for the North Melbourne game.

3 Likes

Imagine he kicks a goal phhwwwoooaaarrrrr the emotion will be awesome

2 Likes

Surely a straight swap for Brown. Brown with all due respect, is depth. Francis is the type of player that can change a list dynamic.

1 Like

Yes this,absolutely.

McGrath to back pocket and McKenna or Redmen to a wing? Francis slots into the back six in expense of Goddard?

McGrath Hooker Francis

Saad. Hurley McKenna/redmen?

Wish we did have Redmen- one on each wing.

I’d back the club in on this one to read what’s best for Aaron re fitness, preparation, mentality etc. If we need to be patient a while longer, that’s fine.

I want him loving football and loving Essendon. The rest will follow in due course. So far, it all looks promising, to say the least.

12 Likes

Kid would make the perfect Super Sub

And then scoff the lot himself in one sitting, …

1 Like

Strikes me more a KFC man

1 Like

Nahh… RED ROOSTER!!!

10 Likes