#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Must be an idiot

He gave me the impression of cgates dad.

4 Likes

Truth hurts doesnā€™t it?

Iā€™m not liking all the Curnow hype. He looks ripped.

Come on franga, vindicate our selection!

Hasnā€™t been a good start for Francis but worth comparing him against the other first round kpp/3rd tall types from his draft year.

2015 national draft

ROUND 1

1. Carlton Jacob Weithering, 17, Mount Eliza Football Club, defender, 194cm, 94kg - 42 games
  1. Brisbane Lions Josh Schache, 18, Murray Bushrangers, forward, 198cm, 100kg - 27 games
  1. Essendon Aaron Francis, 18, West Adelaide (SA), defender, 193cm, 92kg - 5 games
  1. Melbourne Sam Weideman, 18, Eastern Ranges, forward, 195cm, 94kg - 2 games
  1. Carlton Harry McKay, 17, Gippsland Power, forward/ruckman, 200cm, 94kg - 2 games

ā€“

1. Carlton Charlie Curnow - 27 games
  1. Brisbane Lions Eric Hipwood - 30 games
  1. GWS Harry Himmelberg - 16 games
  1. Adelaide Tom Doedee - 0 games
  1. Hawthorn Ryan Burton - 24 games
  1. North Melbourne Ben McKay - 1 game

He clearly hasnā€™t jumped out of the blocks like some, but against others who simply arenā€™t physically ready for it yet (as is the case for him) or been unable to get opportunity he has played much the same so itā€™s no need for panic.

The McKays & Weidemann (who also had draft year injury woes) also havenā€™t played much. Doedee is on zero games but had a dominant SANFL year and will likely take Levers vacated spot.

I still donā€™t expect Francis to be genuinely ready to contribute until 2019 onwards. There is just no way he pushes ahead of Ambrose or Gleeson yet, nor even considered like for like with Hartley.

Seemingly got his mindset right but now needs to get his body right, and based on preseason so far already having niggles and injury issues thatā€™s a definite work in progress.

Just going to have to be patient ā€¦ he is just a kid. Plenty of time still. Whilst it would be great it really is no big deal if he isnā€™t playing senior footy just yet.

Heā€™d want to get it done himself quickly though as there will always be others competing for your spot. Ridley being one who was flying but grounded now.

3 Likes

This has to be close as a late contender for POTY! Just behind some of Bobā€™s better work.

In trying to control my laughter, i seriously just snorted my morning coffee all over the kids at the breakfast table. The missus was not happy.

4 Likes

Just got reminded I set this up in March http://itsalmo.st/#BloodStainedDevilsSaidFrancisWillBeUpToSpeed
86 days to go

4 Likes

Lol. Love it.

Donā€™t let me down Big fella ā€¦

Hope he doesnā€™t come back after xmas in poor shape again.

Leaked footage from the club doesnā€™t look promising.

19 Likes

Whatā€™s the go with Aaron? Injurred or not fit enough to join the main training group?

Mckay at north also has some issues regarding his mental state. Hope he is doing well now.

Being coached by Brad Scott would be enough to give anyone mental issues.

6 Likes

As much as I want him to succeed it honestly looks grim. Basically done nothing so far this ore season and if anyone needed a full pre season, itā€™s him

Nothing is a bit harsh, he definitely looks fitter and has dropped a heap of weight.

1 Like

If we canā€™t make defeatist proclamations based on a pessimistic interpretation of a tiny sample of second hand information, then why even have this forum?

37 Likes

so true,

that fat lazy ranger who has no hamstrings left is cooked!

better?

losing weight (and therefore looking fitter) is seriously the easiest thing to do with a bit of self control.

Itā€™s great that heā€™s looking fit, but means fark all if he cant get on the park/ doesnt build intensity in his training.

3 Likes

ā€¦that 70% of Australia cannot seem to manage.

9 Likes

goes to how how poor self control we have

1 Like