#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

One thing i agree with yaco on, ace practically runs adelaide.

Or, if not he should.

Ace knows stuff.

He might know his stuff about Adelaide but he doesnā€™t know his geography as Loxton is about 3 hours from Adelaide.

Melbourne's decision on him wasn't about go home factor. They have options for the backline. They aren't great but compared to their midfield and tall forward stocks, it's solid. They also spent the trade period getting Melksham (earmarked to play backline) and Bugg. They gave 10 games last season to Stretch and Neal-Bullen. Cam Peterson (when not injured) and Watts were still getting games last season as well.

I really doubt those awesome backline ā€˜optionsā€™ are the reason for overlooking Francis.

Didn't say they were awesome... But they have better options there than they do in their forward line so can afford to address their backline in another draft.

Outside of Hogan, they have Dawes (misses half the games due to injury), they had Frost developing (coming off an LTI) and an aging Pederson (also coming off an LTI) to rely on.

They were always going to go with the best combination of a midfielder and a forward.

Aceman for Mayor of Adelaide?!!!

Francis as his deputy.

He might know his stuff about Adelaide but he doesn't know his geography as Loxton is about 3 hours from Adelaide.

Aceā€™s last name is Bishop and mummy lets him borrow her helicopter

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER

Whoaa there, I think I can string two words together
He might know his stuff about Adelaide but he doesn't know his geography as Loxton is about 3 hours from Adelaide.
Yeah I do that all the time, it's under 2 hours from here but I keep forgetting I'm just over an hour from the City

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER

In my defence.

I was going to say Dangerfield butā€¦ You knowā€¦

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER

In my defence.

Donā€™t mention that name over here!
If you think we took Paddyā€™s defection hard you ainā€™t seen nothing. Torch and pitchfork sales went through the roof at Bunnings!

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER

In my defence.

If you think we took Paddyā€™s defection hard you ainā€™t seen nothing. Torch and pitchfork sales went through the roof at Bunnings!

I thought it was reported in the paperā€™s that they cheered him at the B&F, which was a few days after he announced he was leaving?

Ace isā€¦ TEX WALKER

In my defence.

I thought it was reported in the paperā€™s that they cheered him at the B&F, which was a few days after he announced he was leaving?

I think he did but donā€™t think that crowd represents the fans on a whole.
Was quite hilarious listening to some of feedback on radio especially after the majority of fans were filthy about the reaming they got at the trade table for him

Rising to the Challenge

The National Championships pits the best young footballing talent in the country against each other.

It was formally an event lasting a week. Now itā€™s stretched over a couple of months.

The change in format has its advantages including giving injured players a chance to play a part. But the alteration also means the pressure is prolonged.

Aaron Francis entered this yearā€™s Championships as one of the top rated young players in the country.

Those that know him best say he took the extra scrutiny in his stride.

ā€œHe seemed to cope really well with that,ā€ West Adelaide Football Manager, Andrew Marks said.

ā€œThat seemed to be when all the talk and hype came about. But when he was playing league footy with us, he was just one of the boys.ā€

Francis played six senior games for the premiership winning West Adelaide in the SANFL this year.

He had been in the Bloods program since his early teens.

ā€œIt was really obvious that Aaron was a very special player, particularly with his marking,ā€ Marks said.

ā€œHis first senior game was a trial match against Glenelg on a Friday night and that was one of the best debuts Iā€™ve seen from anybody.

ā€œHis marking was so impressive but it was his willingness to take the game on.

ā€œInstead of taking the mark and just going back and looking for something, he was playing on straight away.

ā€œWhen heā€™s up and about and confident he takes the game on really well.ā€

At 191 centimetres and 92 kilograms, Francis has the size to make an immediate impression.

Marks isnā€™t sure how many AFL games Francis will play in 2016, but he knows Francis has always been able to rise to the challenge.

ā€œWhatever level of football Aaron has played, heā€™s always played to a really good standard,ā€ Marks said.

ā€œHeā€™ll make mistakes, as he did with our side at times this year, but heā€™ll make the most of his opportunity and stand up to whoever heā€™s playing against."

*Formerly.

Gee Danger and Selwood.
Formidable

All he has to do is play like an excited kid and give it his all. Getting anywhere near BJ at any level is a big ask for a first year.

ā€œHeā€™ll make mistakes, as he did with our side at times this year,

Damping down the flames of expectation ? Might be doing the kid a favour. All he has to do is make less mistakes than BJ did this year and he gets a pass from me.

No. Just pointing out the realities of him being a kid.

Thought they got as good value as can be expected. You pretty much never get fair value for a player of Dangerā€™s calibre, itā€™s almost impossible to do.

Getting anywhere near BJ at any level is a big ask for a first year.
Apparently Monica Lewinski perfected it in her first year on the job.
Hopefully Melbourne have had a Richard Tambling moment.

Or a Cale Morton moment. Or a Jimmy Toumpas moment.

Sam Blease, Jordan Gyaberts, Lucas Cook and going back Luke Molan