#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Francis at 193 & 93Kg has a similar athletic profile as Hurley, Should we have Hurley and Francis at the same end or opposite ends?

My view is that he would partner Daniher and provide a powerful presence that we currently lack in our forward line and can be managed during the year.

I also think Francis may be exposed as a defender early in his career with the speed of the game (getting caught out of position) this may take away his asset of reading the play, intercepting and rebounding.

Francis at 193 & 93Kg has a similar athletic profile as Hurley, Should we have Hurley and Francis at the same end or opposite ends?

My view is that he would partner Daniher and provide a powerful presence that we currently lack in our forward line and can be managed during the year.

I also think Francis may be exposed as a defender early in his career with the speed of the game (getting caught out of position) this may take away his asset of reading the play, intercepting and rebounding.

Francis has excellent speed and reads the game better than any player I have ever seen at Under-18 level.

I'd just like to see the ball in his hands at training. He hasn't been allowed to touch it.

you know the old saying, donā€™t play with it to much or itā€™ll fall off, sorta works in this situation :stuck_out_tongue:

Francis has excellent speed and reads the game better than any player I have ever seen at Under-18 level.

His speed may be excellent and I know he reads the game well, Iā€™m more worried about his repeat sprint efforts and endurance to keep up with his opponent One on one and then have the ability to still impact the contest and the high ball.
Or
will he be used as spare man in defencepatrolling half back and impacting contests and rebounding?

The difference between Francis and Hurley as forwards isā€¦

Francis is capable of marking the ball in front of his face.

He said he was cooked by the end of the season. Going by how much he played it makes sense.

Wow. It took only two training sessions for people to turn on him. Thatā€™s got to be a Blitz record.

He said he was cooked by the end of the season. Going by how much he played it makes sense.

Definitely. Very taxing year on an 18 year old body.
And on the other hand you have Carlisle who didnā€™t work hard enough and had to find other ways to be cooked.

Iā€™ll never turn on him. Heā€™s skills are awesome already, doesnā€™t need to touch the footy at trainings. Let him loose round 1 and watch out!

Gun!

He is fine. His endurance will be fine. People adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5

How are his wrists?

whose turning on him?

what do people think, would Francis be better suited as a deeper third tall forward (see ball/get ball type) or a Third tall defender?

Heā€™s a big lump of a young fella.

Gee he is a good mark too from his highlights.

Love to see him on the HBF/ HFF this year, just to get the pace of things. Could be a very mobile forward in years to come.

Laverde, Langford and Francis. Much to like about these guys. Will be integral to our next premiership.

Francis is a big boy, so give him some time to build some kind of tank. We have to be patient. It took Hurls 5 years to get to AA level. ( I reckon he got to that level about halfway through the 2014 season.)

delete

Francis is a big boy, so give him some time to build some kind of tank. We have to be patient. It took Hurls 5 years to get to AA level. ( I reckon he got to that level about halfway through the 2014 season.)
And he's a growing boy which sine pointed out previously, I would also hope that things like Glandular fever and the like have been eliminated for his lack of endurance. Would hate to see him pushed into chronic fatigue. But hopefully totally jumping at shadows there.

The upside is that if he is growing still and is as talented as indicated, we could have stolen the best KP in the draft with a bit of luck.

So Iā€™m with you Chris, just give the boy time and let him ā€œgrowā€ into his potential and start pushing when his body is ready for it.

And he's a growing boy which sine pointed out previously, I would also hope that things like Glandular fever and the like have been eliminated for his lack of endurance. Would hate to see him pushed into chronic fatigue. But hopefully totally jumping at shadows there.
Ya think?

Ban training reports, people freak out.

Ya think?

Ban training reports, people freak out.

I think you are freaking out about my freaking out ā€¦

Although it was probably warranted ā€¦

Except the bit about banning training reports.

He is fine. His endurance will be fine. People adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5

How?

Scouts said he wasnā€™t as fit as the other boys, watching him on the eye he gets more tired than a lot of the other boys, and weā€™re making him do exclusively running at training

2 + 2 = 4

delist