#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Yeah, we’ve got him for at least another year. He may request a trade next year. Hope he gets his head right and starts to dominate to either become an Essendon champ or increase his trade value.

Not surprised he remains, but it would be a real eye-opener for the kid to know that neither of the SA clubs decided he was a high enough priority or valued him (in a trade sense) enough to get something done. This is where player welfare comes into it. There’s obviously some background stuff there, I mean the lad barracked for us as a kid, and he still wanted to leave. I just hope he can knuckle down and put in a massive pre-season. There’s a spot in the team for him in the back six, ability is no issue. Come on Aaron!

3 Likes

R1 next year he has 11 intercept marks, a smile on his face and no cramping in the last qtr.

Adelaide and Port recruiters both sit with their heads in their hands crying.

2 Likes

Paddy Ambrose should be assigned as his summer training partner both on the track and in the gym… run the kid ragged.

5 Likes

I love this big lump of a lad even if he doesn’t become the champ we all want him to become.

9 Likes

Has potential but no other clubs showed much interest in him.

2 Likes

I meant proper preason training

Ambrose and Zach to work with Francis and Stringer

4 Likes

We have seen it before with players announcing they want to leave but end up staying … eg Dusty.

But Francis ain’t no Dustin Martin.

I hope that Francis takes a moment to consider that neither one of the SA clubs made any meaningful moves to secure him. But only a moment, cos he needs to prepare himself for the biggest pre season he has ever had the misfortune of enduring. It’s make or break time. If he is focused, gets himself in right mental and physical shape there is nothing but himself stopping him from having another 10-12 years drawing the AFL wage … if he continues on the path he is on now, then in 12 months time he could be out on the scrapheap like other wasted talents.

Based on what we have seen so far from him, I am not prepared to back him. Hope like hell I am wrong though.

Balls entirely in his court now

1 Like

I hope we fully back him in now. Give him a training program, tell him if he’s fit he’s in the round one 22 and go from there.

His mindset will be a lot better if he plays senior football and contributes to wins, and he then may realise it’s alright here and not go.

1 Like

This could be his moment.

We all wanted him to stay because of his potential and in the end, we didn’t get any good offers for him because of issues with his fitness & work rate. Now, this pre-season becomes an interesting one for him because he has a bigger chip on his shoulder. His fitness and work ethic has been discussed in the public eye and his team didn’t want to give him up cheaply.

Time to knuckle down and show your true worth! It’s make or break for him and if he’s good enough, he might just be the best story to come out of this trade period for us.

Give ‘em hell, Aaron.

8 Likes

Yeah I know, I was just showing he is already committed to the work required.

Amazing how quickly the value of draft position drops once exposed form comes into it.

Schache a pick 2 goes relatively cheaply. Francis was pretty much worthless.

The kid needs every opportunity to turn in to a player either as part of our next premiership tilt or as some value at the trade table next year ala Lever.

1 Like

That Schache deal was ridiculous.

The contract he signed a couple of months ago… I reckon it had an “out” clause, and he played it.

It’s the perfect kick up the backside for the big lad, he will have a few weeks to reflect and hopefully the penny will drop and he realises that he really hasn’t got all the time in the world after all. Looking forward to Francis watch in preseason.

I hope he makes it. Best wishes to the big red lad.

2 Likes

As happy as I am for getting the other 3 boys, knowing that we kept Francis is the highlight of the post season.
We all know he has the skills, and when he hits his best he will be a guy that will win games for us.
Al the best Francis, bomber army are right behind you.

12 Likes

Kid has to know it’s bombers or bust, not enough interest from Adelaide’s club and another bad season will ensure there never is.

I’m glad he stayed

4 Likes

Truly never thought he’d not be with us in 18.

3 Likes