#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

7 Likes

If this guy gets fit he’s surely the upgrade on Gleeson and our intercept marker. Leaves Hooker up front.

3 Likes

Can’t hardly wait
Could care less
Learn to English ffs (native English speakers, not ESL).

Knowing he would take 2 years to get there, … there was no way we actually wanted him gone, … or would have ever made it so.

Big Red is gonna fkn explode next year.

1 Like

I think he most certainly can and will play this role next year.

At the ripe old age of 23, he may take Hurley’s spot.

No.

3 Likes

Getting Stringer doesn’t put Hooker back. We still need him fwd, I think he will take the spot of Harts next year. Ambro to take the best defender, Hurls and Ranga the next 2.

I am quite astounded how the value for Schache and Francis seemingly plummeted during this trade period.

Seems young KPFs who don’t instantly make it are on the nose a bit. Whether it is because of Richmond and the Bulldogs winning the past two flags, or whether it is the fact that guys like Boyd, McCartin and to be honest even Patton have flopped to varying degrees, I don’t know.

I think that view is flawed. Yes, the Tigers and Bulldogs won the most recent flags with much smaller forward lines, but neither side was the best in their premiership year. I think the dogs in particular were a fair way off it. The best teams had great key position players. And I think they always will

I am extremely relieved we didn’t offload Francis. Sure, he may not make it. But the guy doesn’t simply lose the talent he had to have most recruiters drooling 2 years ago.

I’m a believer and look forward to seeing him become an elite intercept player for the next ten years

2 Likes

not that I disrespect to Much, Draper,& Redman. But he needs to move out of the house and move in with Joe Daniher or Zac Merrett. He needs to see how an elite athlete goes about living day to day, in an elite house hold.

3 Likes

This trade period wouldn’t of been the same if we lost him.

4 Likes

Completely agree, tall blokes more often then not take time. Now more then ever. Lets not forget the finial series Boyd had either, without him they would not have won the GF. He had a tough year last year with many of the bulldogs list. I think all of the players you listed will be good. Is Francis even 21 yet? Have said it numerous times but I think he will be in our best handful of players in a few years time.

All have to put in the work though, talent only gets you so far.

To answer my own question. Francis just turned 20, 2 months ago.

Have. Wouldn’t have been the same.

17 Likes

They live with one of the efc trainers.

Get off my cloud.

1 Like

I’m sure Stringer could hook him up

And if you learn Spanish, double negatives are compulsory.

1 Like

Look at top draft picks as new cars.

As soon as you drive them out of the showroom, the value falls.

I still want to see him played forward. He’s got the skill set to compliment Joey long-term, and I think there is a real danger he will get exposed as defender with his running. There could be times when we struggle to find a suitable matchup for him. Who would he play on against Richmond for example?

He’s very much an all or nothing type player with the way he attacks the contest and uses the ball. That quality is well suited to forward play. Of course he looks more comfortable as a defender, but who doesn’t? Key defence is for tall players who can’t play forward. Even Liam Jones looks half decent in defence after struggling to get a kick for years as a forward. That two of the best key defenders of the last decade in Hooker and Taylor are played forward tells you something. They aren’t as good up front, but if you can play forward, you do.

I reckon they moved him back mid-year to get his confidence back up, but I think they will revert to the plan of last pre-season where he was played forward. Tall defenders are a dime-a-dozen. It’s a much easier part of the ground to play as Hooker, Hurley, Brown and Ambrose from our team have found. More so than those players Francis has a bit of X factor about him. I reckon he has the tools to make a go of it.

6 Likes

I know it’s dreaming, but a starting on ball group of Draper Stringer Francis Parish has some physical presence. Id like to see it, but parish is the only one who would spread from the contest. Lol.