#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I am telling it was club initiated - Francis had no desire to return home.

So why wouldn’t he either

a) Keep his and his manager’s mouth shut about going home, sit tight and hope nothing happens; or
b) Say “I’m contracted till 2019 so I’m not leaving because I don’t want to”

??

Aceman said what he is saying now at the time as well, so it is not revisionism.

Could there have been an element of his management not wanting him to be seen as being turfed out on his ear for being unfit? Might be a better look to be asking to leave rather than being asked to leave by your club.

BTW cards on the table I love The Menace and have faith that he will make it!

1 Like

I have a question - Do you think Dodoro knew Francis’ manager would go public with a trade request ? Do you think by this happening it would lessen Francis’ trade value ? Do you think Dodoro was angry with Francis’ manager for going public ?

1 Like

Reckon you’ve hit the nail on the head.

To say this is ‘new news’ is ridiculous.

There is a number of people who have contacts at the club and also those in contact with the Francis family who were saying he did not want to leave. That was before, during & after Trade week.

There was also a lot of speculation and rumours leading up to trade week, that the club were going to put him on the trade table.

1 Like

These sorts of hypothetical trade scenarios play out with players on every list each year before trade week and many of them amount to nothing. Remember when it was revealed that Fantasia was happy to move back to SA if an appropriate deal could be done a year or two ago? It didn’t mean that he ever wanted to leave though.

I wouldn’t have a clue. I’m not privy to any of the conversations, and I suggest neither are you. I am not sure what difference it makes either.
The fact remains there is a direct quote from the guy that Francis pays to be his manager saying that he would prefer to return home. And some on hereare saying to not believe this, but to believe some anonymous guy on an internet forum who says that Francis family and friends are saying to not believe things. Look, it might turn out to that there are elements of truth to both sides, and frankly I don’t really care, cos the fact remains that whilst someone is still in the red and black then they have my support. But it sounds like pure fanboyism to say that there is no truth he ever wanted to go home. If this was a tale made up by his manager, wouldnt you think that Francis would have moved his manager on for being dishonest? or at least refuted the comments?

Continue reading what you read in the media - Seeing you are so keen on the media let me give you a clue - For a month leading up to the draft period people like Lloyd and Lucas who are connected to the club, stated that members of the coaching group were concerned about Francis’ progress - Terry Wallace said the same thing on at least two occasions - Now if this was wrong, Lloyd, Lucas and Wallace would be immediately shut down by the club - Seems the club was planting a seed in the public sphere.

Maybe I should borrow one of your tin foil hats? It’s always great to be “given a clue” by someone who knows best.

There is a difference between opinion givers saying something with no affiliation to the club or player, and a direct quote from the player’s manager saying that his player wants to return home. LLoyd, Lucas and Wallace are all paid to make comments in the media … the club would be crazy to issue a statement everytime anyone offered a comment. But I do that if I was Aaron Francis and my manager had said something that wasn’t true, you can rest assured that I would make sure that I refuted that.

My best guess, and it is a guess only is that Francis did want to go home because its all been too hard for him. And the club has (rightly) ridden him hard and Francis doesn’t like it. So why not go home to his home state to be closer to family and mates and still get paid to be an AFL footballer. I hope that the tough love we are showing him ultimately pays off - no confidence that it will based on what we have seen so far, but if it does, the upside is tremendous

Fkn Looney Tunes thread …

5 Likes

I thought trade period was over. Let’s just talk about how he is killing pre season.

2 Likes

He’s tearing up the track.

2 Likes

Looks menacing on the latest NT video on the club website, also spoken of highly by Crowe as being fit.

Looks fit, strong, happy and red.

LID OFF.

7 Likes

People will believe what they want to believe.

Which sounds better and is likely to get his client and the club a better deal;

1. “He’s feeling a little homesick, therefore wants to go back to SA”

or

1. " The club thinks he should go back to SA, because he seems homesick" ( Stringeresque)

3 Aaron is an EFC player for 2018 and this thread is a zombie

5 Likes

This redheaded lump better play a considerable amount of senior footy or woosha will get a sternly worded essay.

l was thinking about this a couple of days ago. How many games in 2018 would Blitzers think would qualify Francis as a bona fide Best 22 player and not a fringe dweller? Providing he stays injury free.

0; list clogger
1 - 6; trade bait.
7 - 12; on track
13 - 16; has arrived.
17 - 20; break out year.
21 +: gun.

l am hopeful of and would be happy if he played 15 + games in 2018.

1 Like

SHOULD BE A POLL