#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

good call, dont think hes got the media profile to really be considered though

Won’t take long for him to get a media profile if he plays more quarters like his first one.

2 Likes

They have Balic in there but not a kid who played a final. Lol

I think Begley may spend a lot of time at VFL level playing midfield this coming season.

The additions of Stringer and Smith with the likely inclusion of Langford may make it difficult for Begley to get consistent games.

Begs will push Langford out soon enough.

I would prefer they both be in the side.

I think they both have big futures.

1 Like

Clearly not AFL ready unlike some others.

Good signs in that insta pic: Francis looks lean – seems to have dropped maybe 10kgs. And Ridley, seems to have put them on. Augurs well for the pre-season & beyond.

10 kgs? did he have an amputation in the preseason.

3 Likes

maybe 7kgs of beard weight?

Francis was never fat. He just wasn’t AFL elite rock hard body. He looks to have toned up a helluva lot.

1 Like

He wasn’t Steve Motlop fat… but he was far from peak physical fitness.

There are some Roughead comparisons and neither player has bulging muscles so not fussed

1 Like

His photo at the crichton medal you could see he already slimmed down immensley. Glad he has followed his program he had been given and agreed to knuckle down for in the off season. Should reap the rewards

1 Like

Witherden at $5 is a steal imo
He is a genuine ball winning machine. His first year was insane. If he doesnt have 2nd year blues then he should really win it i rekon. Really wanted him at draft time too!

4 Likes

Just goes to show how good Dean Rioli, Derek Kickett and Tony Lockett were to play at their weight.
I know it was a different era.

Felt so Bad for Kickett in 1993.

2 Likes

Maybe, but 6 guys who played a combined total of 58 games this year aren’t on the list next year, and there’s other fringe guys (like Colyer, Myers and Green) whose senior spots should be up for grabs, so it’s a bit of swings and roundabouts. Begley (or any other young player) should get consistent games if merited by form.

1 Like

I don’t doubt he’s more than capable. In fact i think he has a big future and can become a very damaging midfielder.

The issue with the midfield is just how many players are scrambling for spots there now and Woosha has pretty clear succession plans.

I’m pretty patient and can see value of sending a kid back to VFL for half a season to get serious midfield minutes just like Langford did last year. But that’s a touchy subject because most want to see immediate results.

1 Like

Why didn’t we come up with the transplant idea earlier?

2 Likes

Yeah, i understand your point, but as far as the midfield goes Watson is gone so that’s a spot, and if Myers’ spot isn’t up for grabs i’d consider the coaching staff borderline negligent, so that’s two by my count. Colyer should be added to that list as well albeit whether he and Begley are in direct competition is up for debate.

I don’t think any of the ‘new’ midfielders this year - Smith, Stringer, McGrath pushing up, maybe Langford - will be anywhere near full-time midfielders in 2018, so if Begley is being groomed for that role i don’t see him hitting a wall through lack of opportunity. In any event, is it set in stone that Begley’s a to-be midfielder? Could he be a HFF/winger/midfielder?

1 Like