#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

If he kicks off where he left this season he’s best 22.

Yes

He’s a certainty.

3 Likes

If you think Myers is close to best 22 next year I’m worried

As for frang, it’s also hard to see where he fits barring injury. I can only see him taking gleesons spot if he gets injured or isn’t in form. He’s not a key defender, and plays nothing like Hartley or Ambrose.

5 Likes

I wonder if Daniher Hooker Stewart could become Daniher Stewart Francis.

If so it could be set and forget for 8+ years

1 Like

Lol. I misread your post, we agree

Want francis to play back for mine
take over goddards role

Francis isn’t in our best 22, we won’t get an injury all year and he will be devestated to miss out on our 20 goal grand final win but will still give me a high five after the game when I take my supermodel girl friend to the after party in my gold rocket car.

6 Likes

Wait a minute… they said my gold rocket car was one of a kind!

3 Likes

Goddard isn’t in our back 6

He is in our midfield rotations but often sets himself behind the ball. Goes back to help out defenders.

Goddard is also one of our best runners endurance wise, in the final he did the most running of whole team. Francis ain’t taking Goddards role.

1 Like

I think long term Francis will end up FWD (maybe after Chook retires?). But I can see his first opportunity coming if we have an injury in the back half. Hoping that due to good form, he can cement a spot by the end of the season.

That’s strange.
Goddard was named numerous times throughout the 2017 season in the backline.
He also spent the majority of his time playing in the backline.
But i suppose he is a midfielder?

Yes he is. And in fact was playing in our centre square rotations early in season (tagged Pendles etc) but then moved to a more outside role dropping back behind the footy a lot.

Goddard was never accountable to an opposition fwd 6 player

Numerous players named in positions on a Thurs they never played. It happens every week with EFC

Our backline was generally…

B: Baguley Hartley Hurley
HB: Gleeson Ambrose McKenna

With Kelly the 7th def/mid

Francis could barely run out a 1st quarter at AFL level this year. He won’t be moving into a position of one our hardest running mids… yet.

The intercept marking in that backline is somewhere between poor and average. We were slaughtered in the air vs Sydney, and I would be somewhat surprised if we don’t do something about that.

That is why Francis is a chance of a best 22 spot down back.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly, we have to win some more ball in the air and at the moment the only guys back there who intercept mark anything are Gleeson and Hurls.

Never say never. Watson moved from not fit enough to get a game to full time midfield ball magnet over one summer. It can be done.

2 Likes

Thy shall be done.

We actually go ok in this department. We were 2nd in the league for Rebound 50s and 3rd for Rebound 50 differentials.

Having said that, I’d love to see Francis clunking down back.

Maybe for smaller forward lines (which seem to be the flavour of the month) we could go with:
B: Baguley Ambrose Saad
HB: Gleeson Hurley Francis

With McKenna on a wing and Hartley coming back in for the gorillas?

Ranga Wars- The Francis Menace

1 Like

With the supposed preference for small forward lines, I noted that Richmond have now stocked up on tall forwards. I think they drafted 2 or 3, and they get Griffiths back.

And that is one of the issues I have with a mid-season draft. Clubs go light on for talls, say like Collingwood or Richmond, and they cop long-term injuries to those they do have, I say ‘stiff cheddar’. You shouldn’t get a second bite of the cherry.

3 Likes