#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Francis said on Monday (Ch10 news) he thought Dyson landed on his ankle during an intraclub match, it was unfortunate but that’s football. He seemed relaxed during the interview.

I’m starting to wonder if they meant, “Only out for 2 weeks - short of a year”.

It also took Buckets a while to establish himself in our senior team. It wasn’t until the end of 2011 (he was recruited back in 2009) when he started playing consistent senior football. He had some injuries early on and had to find his feet via the 2nds.

Be patient and let him develop at his own rate. He will get there.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Francis was involved in the practice match at the captain’s run yesterday morning. I only saw the first half, but he looked like he was moving well and I think Dea (not 100% sure) matched up on him while he was in the forward line. He didn’t clunk a lot of marks but he is a natural forward as the guys just look up and see him presenting and went to him more often than not. I doubt he’ll be round 1, but he just looks dangerous around the ball so will be hard to ignore for too long.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info… need some good new after watching this second half!

i heard he rolled his ankle again. not good. bloke has no luck at the moment

Rolled it again? What the? How is this continuing to happen?
Can see surgery on ankle announcement heading our way soon at this rate :frowning:

Hope you heard wrong, …

me too! he was one of the players I was most looking forward to watching this season.

He did something in a marking contest before half time. It didn’t look like much, but that doesn’t mean anything. Sorry I don’t have more info.

Oh, FFS!

1 Like

Francis and Lav hate rolling ankles.

I used to quite like rolling joints.

6 Likes

Haha very good!!

how many ankle francis roll

From the website: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-03-14/injury-update-march-14

Aaron Francis is closer to full fitness after getting through the majority of the VFL side’s session last week.

“Aaron got through 80-90% of the match in the end,” Crow said.

_“He got thrown in a sling tackle and jarred his ankle a little bit but kept playing. _

“He then jarred his hip landing, but apart from those little incidents in the game, he’s going ok.”

FFS. Surely they are taking the pi$$. It sounds like he sustained 3 injuries in half a second of football.

“Aaron also had five handball receives during the game and we think the cumulative effect has been detrimental to his wrists and fingers. We also have some concern that continually kicking the ball in matches and training may cause long-term damage to his metatarsal bones. We are in communication with NASA about zero-gravity environments and the benefits of weightlessness in long-term injury prevention. We think if we can create a zero-gravity non-impact environment for Aaron on the football field then he will have a long and successful career”

16 Likes

How good would it be to see Franga clunk some marks up forward or down back? Would be the perfect compliment to Hurley or Daniher. Don’t care if he only has one leg and can’t play more than 5 minutes…

BRING
HIM
IN

5 Likes

Um, apparently he just rolled his ankle…