#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

Is too freckly.

2 Likes

Early last year we didnā€™t know if he was a key position player or somewhere in between. There is no doubt now, I wouldnā€™t rush him, 2nd year key possession player. He will get his chance latter in the year when he can run out a VFL game.

Bright Haired Interceptor?

Oh wait, theyā€™re playing him in the forward line at the moment. Never mind.

1 Like

And 1 centimetre short of being a key position player.

There are not too many recruits that I can think of being more excited about after 1 season. He just has so much talent and despite constant injury setback and ordinary fitness, he seems to be able to do at least 1 great thing in every game.
He will take some time but there are not too many more promising players in the game. I hope he has luck with injury. If so, watch out.

2 Likes

bring him on for fifteen minute spurts each quarter

Dean Sausage Rioli style.

He isnā€™t ready yet, soon, but not yet.

1 Like

Yep. If he can get through 10-12 weeks of footy and training sans interruption, youā€™d imagine heā€™ll be cherry ripe by the bye. At which point he could conceivably come in and win the rising star from only half a season.

But heā€™s certainly not ready yet.

Seriously who was the last winner of the rising star to only play half a season? Would need to be plugger esque to get that.

1 Like

Heā€™s going to win the Coleman too???! Lid off!!

2 Likes

I looked it up a few months ago, and history says the winner is usually nominated in the first month of the season. Only 2 winners from memory were nominated at about the Rd 10/11/12 mark.

Not an answer to your question per se but youā€™d need to put at least 17/18 games Iā€™d say to be in contention.

I think the post was a joke anyway.

Agree. I have nightmares of him chasing his opponent down the field like Jay Neagle tried to in that west coast game. If we play Francis too soon, his fitter and more experienced opponent will just run him into the ground. Hoping for a mid season inclusion.

1 Like

We have gifted games to spuds every year for ages and yet we canā€™t find room for this bloke?
Play him for 10-15 minutes a quarter until his tank builds. No good letting him rot in the magoos

1 Like

Yea but they have to be consistent throughout the whole year like Mills and Daniels. To miss half a year would give him SFA chances of him getting it. Based on that Logic, Heeney should have won before knee tendonitis hit him.

As soon as this guy can run half a game out we should play him. Seeing him clunk it with Daniher & Hooker and having Fantasia, Tippa & Green at their feetā€¦OH MY.

2 Likes

If you canā€™t run out 75% of the game, you are a liability to the team. Everyone else needs to pick up the slack, and it messes with rotations. Play him when he is fit enough to contribute at a decent level and his VFL form demands selection - like everyone else on the list.

13 Likes

Has had a shocking run of soft tissue injuries. Just get him playing regular football in the VFL, get the footy in his hands as much as possible. Then when confidence is high and heā€™s physically ready. Get him into the side.

There definitely isnā€™t any rush though.

This notion of ā€œrotting in the Magooā€™sā€ is ridiculous

VFL is a strong standard of footy

Itā€™s also a vital part of development of most young players getting them ready for AFL footy. Because far more oftenthan not they arenā€™t equipped to step straight in.

1 Like

Sitting in the forwardline in the AFL, and only touching the ball 5 times a game is ā€˜rottingā€™ the career of a young player imo.

Still better than getting 15 touches in the VFL.
He is far better off in the league side, the quality kids will develop far better at a better level. Iā€™d bet Parish wouldnā€™t be half the player he is now if he played all last year in the twos

3 Likes