#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

BRING HIM IN!

After a few VFL games where he gets match fit.

the game will be over at half time he wont need to feature in the second half. he will have BOG sewn up like Mercuri did all those years ago

1 Like

If last year had been a normal year and Parish had spent those games in the forward pocket, it might very well have hurt him compared to playing in the VFL on the ball. I have no doubt playing forward in the AFL team rather than in the midfield hurt Jerrettā€™s development (not saying he would have made it, just that he performed worse due to it).

At VFL level Francis will get the first defender, and be the focus of the attack. That lets him develop the skills to handle that, to being the focus of the opposition and your own team. At AFL level heā€™ll be a third tall with no engine who is bobbing up for the occasional goal. I donā€™t see the development heā€™ll have in the AFL will be at all the match of what heā€™ll get in the VFL.

There is a groundswell buildingā€¦ Mostly of stupidity but it is building.

12 Likes

Il be wristing myself in the great southern when he clunks one and wheels around from 55. Fuaaaark

13 Likes

As the 3rd tall forward, in the AFL either Francis or Stewart will benefit from the attention that Joe and Hooker will receive. Its similar to the attention that McCartin and Bruce get, while this virtual unknown guy Membrey, a Sydney refugee bobs up and almost kicks more than the 2 of them combined.

Absolutely he will benefit as far as impact goes. But will he benefit from a development POV being the guy with no attention, versus having to learn to be the #1 man in the VFL?

Quite pleased to be in the Olympic stand all of a sudden.

18 Likes

Imagine the demolition job heā€™ll do on the Pies when heā€™s cherry ripe for ANZAC day. I want him to fkn jump on someoneā€™s head. Several times.

Knew I saw you from somewhere

2 Likes

Depends on how long they wait to introduce him. Round 10 or later and we are all farked

1 Like

Caught the end of a 3AW report just before. I think the bloke said Francis looked way off the pace at training today.

He also said Hooker is good to go.

Agreed.

Burst power forward.

Give the bloodnut a crack!!!

Some guys just arenā€™t great trainers but fire up in games.

Same as some players grow another leg in September

3 Likes

Totally agree and thatā€™s what Iā€™m starting to think is the case for Aaron. The poor kid has had a rough trot with injuries and then in the VFL on Friday looks like heā€™s about to tear the game apart. Iā€™m excited by his elite talent. Hope to see him in the seniors soon.

Nah, I think that is just WOB in the great southernā€¦

8 Likes

Named for the VFL practice match this weekend

2 Likes

just get 10 goals franga so you can sit in the fwd pocket.

1 Like

After seeing Carlisle play on the weekend I am pretty sure Daniher is going to give him a bath. Just to rub it in I think we should be planning to have him up and running a full capability to play Saints R17. That being at least 5 - 7 games in the ones by then.

From my vivid memories of the bloodbath at Moorabin I witnessed as a kid growing up, Iā€™m always very very glad to see the Saints get a thorough thrashing. I hope we turn up full of intent.

1 Like