#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

There is a real hunger surrounding our team this year…hopefully we play with it on Sunday.

1 Like

Sounds like he is still a fair few weeks off according to Woosha’s presser.

Form needs to warrant and demand selection - of which it’s not.

I don’t see how you can pick him ahead of Stewart, who is much fitter, played better last weekend, and offers a ruck chop-out. Could send a negative signal to the new Bomber who came here for more opportunity.

5 Likes

Team balance. Can’t play Joe, Stew and Hooker in the same forward line.

I’d love to see Stewart demand the FF spot so Hooksy can go back and take intercept marks till the early morn.

6 Likes

Stewart isn’t much of a contested mark, so he will never adequately replace a clunker like Hooker. I think they’ve got the mix right with Hooker forward with JD. We look so much more damaging with him up there, and teams don’t have the luxury of zoning off and double teaming JD.

8 Likes

Updated title as calf no longer relevant.

*Not far off ready.

I would think he will be in for the Melb game - particularly with a 5 day break after Anzac day…

1 Like

New title also not relevant. He’s ready*

*depending on whether you mean ready to learn in the 1s, or ready to take apart the match on GF day…

Isn’t ready: for a forward or back debate.

Think we were the underdog in the final game of 2016.

4 Likes

I reckon you could be on the money there, especially with that five day break.

Plays.

1 Like

hope that he finishes the game

1 Like

Get him in.

Wasting time and development in the VFL - is one of those players who will just thrive on playing AFL and the more games we get into him the quicker he will become a star.

Took Danger a few years to really get going, but he was given games and learnt to play against the best from the get go.

2 Likes

Rubbish

I’m as big a supporter of Francis than anyone. I’m extremely excited about what he’ll do.
But he needs to perform at VFL level to get his chance. This club has spent the last 16 years just gifting games to young blokes who show some potential, and it has destroyed an already pathetic culture. It’s time To award those blokes that will work hard at training and bust their gut in the VFL.

4 Likes

:tired_face:

Great news on 5AA interview.

Woosha says Francis now has the capacity to play out games at AFL level ! So fitness is not a concern any more. Yeh!

Paraphrasing Woosha:
"He played his biggest volume of game time on the weekend and hit the greatest volume of running he has had since he has been at at Essendon.
So he is ready, and the club will get him in as soon as possible. but they will bring him in when its the right time. "

This is great news for the kid, and great news for the club.

19 Likes

Where the ■■■■ is the beard!?!?!?!

Unnecessary friction