#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

They did indeed change the rules. And GWS still paid for 3 academy players with 9 picks. They didn’t end up with picks 44, 51, 52, 54, 55, 56 without trading.

As far as I’m aware the only change was now they can’t take picks in trade they can’t use. Not necessarily going to be the case.

They traded one pick between 20 and 30 out (#17), and that was to get ahead of the Setterfield pick. They didn’t do what you’re suggesting with #17 or their live teens pick (#15) and trade it for more points from lower picks.

They can’t use picks for academy points that they don’t have list spots for. So in 2015 you had teams trading back their picks to have 5-6 they used on academy players. If you’re only have 4 list spots you can’t do that now.

1 Like

Congratulations, you interpreted the post to the exact letter, must feel good to just wait and then chip away at post after post after post.

Why are people saying play him back? Is there a glaring hole he would fill? Between Hurley, ambrose, brown and Hartley I think we have that third tall defender ( which brown is doing a pretty good job at imo) covered. Whilst we desperately need a third lead up tall who can clunk em. Him forward is a no brainer for me with stints on the ball

8 Likes

He’s from Ballarat in spirit.

1 Like

Forward pressure… Aaron Francis style.

6 Likes

gees he looks a great set kick for goal

1 Like

I’m glad he didn’t have elite fitness as a junior. If he did, he probably would have played midfield and destroyed the stoppages, which would have probably meant he got picked before our selections.

1 Like

He is a big lad and if he has peaked in height, he will need to refine his body shape over the next few years. His power base already is explosive. He has footy smarts and has a good athletic profile as a key position forward, who can have stints on the ball ( roughy style)

1 Like

The expletive in the ear is the best part.

1 Like

Yep.

And the reaction of Geelong player in the background…

3 Likes

Missed that!
Thanks for pointing it out!

Would make a phenomenal rugby player.

Power athlete over endurance. And aggressive.

Here’s hoping we can get his tank up to become a phenomenal AFL player too.

1 Like

Imagine that first quarter over four quarters. That is going to be chills.

2 Likes

Lol, the guy just watches his teammate get tackled.

Thanks for the heads up, bro.

2 Likes

Nah.

He has a neck. :grin:

3 Likes

The physics doesn’t lie

FRANCIS.
LEFT OUT.

1 Like