#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

It wasn’t poor but it wasn’t up to standard mainly due to the fact he was underage playing against men who had been i the system for years and the fact the underage players do nowhere near the fitness work of a SANFL side. He also had plenty of time away at State Carnivals. He also hadn’t finished growing either

3 Likes

Maybe because you were wearing a Hawthorn or Collingwood beanie and scarf ?

1 Like

And…

And to be fair to the kid, when I asked about his fitness on the weekend, I was told he can now run out a vfl game no problem, but couldn’t do the same at afl level yet. And his limitation isn’t so much not being able to last a game (vfl) but the ability to consistently make repeat efforts. But no fear, he’s getting there.

18 Likes

Same, that’s why I wasn’t even mad. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing in front of me.

When the club you play for has just had one of the most embarrassing losses of the last few years. Whether you played or not-its not the time to be seen laughing.

1 Like

What the actual fark is going on here?

Everyone just shut the fark up and buy my panic dollars.

hahaha…Etihad, sorry.

1 Like

Which is why I have no issues with him this far and all looks good. But his career is tracking a fine line at the moment, he doesn’t have much margin for error on a number of fronts.

Well I’m worried about him. He would have to be in the bottom .5% of the league in fitness and that’s a worry. A bigger worry is I hear a few murmurings about his attitude and how hard he is working. He is young and highly talented and I hope like hell it clicks for him but I’m concerned. If we miss with Francis and assuming Morgan and Redman fail to come on we have wasted some real opportunities.

I’ve never understood this.

Why does a player have to be sad after a loss and what is the required time this solemn look to remain?

6 Likes

I have seen no one or heard nothing up here.

Perhaps thats a good thing this week.

7 Likes

Ok so when is it appropriate to start laughing again? next win? next time we beat the lions? next thursday?

You deal with things your way and let others deal with things their way. His life experiences over the last few years may put a few things into perspective for him.

If there is one thing the SAGA taught me, it is that I care about this club but not at the expense of it ruining my day/week etc. It’s a game. A game played by grown men and women who run around in short shorts and singlets in the middle of winter.

6 Likes

He is working he ■■■■ off so not sure where you heard he wasn’t. He will still take some time to develop, same as McCartin and same as Hawkins who took 5 years to develop. Francis will play a few more games this year and then hopefully have a injury free pre season and be primed for round 1. I will only be worried if we are still here talking about in 2 years time.
I can’t comment on Morgan but on Redman I will put my trust in the guys who coached him at underage level. At the time he was drafted I was told by several that skill wise he was one of the most talented kids they had seen come through the ranks. Hopefully now he has his injuries out the way and can start showing it

1 Like

Good to hear

Redman I’m OK with. He’s a light-bodied kid but he does have some ability. Been played a bit more behind the ball recently, probably just a part of his footballing education.

laugh when you get in there car for all i care. Just don’t do it around people that love the club that are clearly hurting

1 Like

my point I suppose robbo. Maybe I should have just not said anything, but I was not nasty or abusive, just not very happy.

You know when I saw that Bears were 8 to 1 before the game; I nearly put money on them, but that would be like laughing after a loss I reckon, and something, I don’t do.

2 Likes

I personally don’t see anything wrong with what you did.

1 Like