#10 Franga: IN OUT IN OUT

I’m in a similar boat to be honest. If Bacchusfox was yelling or swearing it’s a different story. Maybe it would have been best to let it be but I kinda feel that a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

3 Likes

It’s probably more the fact that he came on here and shared the story with us.

Having a go at someone for laughing is absolutely ridiculous. If Francis was laughing about the loss, or laughing at a players expense then fair enough. But the notion that no one associated with the club can be seen laughing after a loss is just baffling.

They are human beings for christ sake - not robots.

11 Likes

Yeah, fair points. For all we know Franga might have been laughing at something the bloke he was with had just said. Probably not an indication of what he was thinking/feeling inside. I guess people handle things differently. Personally, I was f**kin fuming when I left and wasn’t able to laugh at anything for hours.

Laugh or no laugh, I still love our Franga.

We all say/do things in the heat of the moment that we’re not particularly proud of. Having said that I respect that he had the courage to say it to Francis and not simply come on here whinging and whining.

In short. No issue with it at all.

The issue that it could have is how it could impact a young person’s career/life.

Little instances have a profound effect on anyone, and before all you macho men come on here and say he should grow a pair, he is a just a kid! A kid who is struggling with form, a kid who has dominated junior footy and is now feeling far away from his dream of dominating the AFL.

We want our players enjoying their footy, enjoying their careers however long they are with us. Joey is the best example of this, I bet you Joey would have had a laugh at some stage after the game yesterday.

If the company you work for suddenly crashed and shares plummented, yet you were seen having a joke with a mate out of context and someone came up to you and blasted you for laughing how would you feel?

1 Like

if something like that gets to him, what is he going to be like when he has people yelling all sorts of things at him from over the fence when he plays.

He is just a kid, but he is a kid that is being given everything he could ever need to fulfill his dream.

There is a time and place to laugh and joke. Doing it straight after the game when around your own clubs supporters after a horrible loss isnt one of those time

I get that. But that’s all part of the parcel that’s an AFL footballers life. Will it hurt him long term to know fans are gutted by a loss like that? Nah

1 Like

First time i’ve seen Francis in the flesh. He actually ran out the game well, partly because the way the game was played with little action in the middle arc of the ground and he played smart and cut the angles like Fletcher. Plenty to like in his game.

5 Likes

You expect it on the field, not in the street.

6 Likes

I can’t comment on where he’s stuffed after a quarter, but the only way to build endurance is pre seasons. He needs 4 of them before he’ll be anywhere near his full capacity. At the moment he’s just getting the miles in his legs. They’re trying to fast track it, but you just have to get consistent kms behind you.

Name the other two-three players in the bottom 0.5% – given you’ve obviously thought deeply about this.

1 Like

DEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:rofl:

Agree it was a bad time to be seen laughing by supporters

But serously Francis wasn’t even playing. Wasn’t his fault we coughed up a 27 point lead to the bottom placed team

If anything a simple “Hey Aaron hope to see you in the seniors soon” would have been more appropriate

Or you know
Just leave him alone

5 Likes

1 Like

Cool ya Jets on him just yet. How many of the other bigger bodied players from his draft year (or the one prior) have done anything in a game yet?

I think he showed more in his first season. That’s a worry. Pick 6?

That Dodoro fella has had a great 15 years

His game was the ONLY positive for the club the entire weekend. He didn’t go missing in the 2nd half, he got to as many contests as he did in the first half. Sure it would’ve been nice to see him clunk a few more than what he did but his game on Saturday was a huge step in the right direction. More of that please Franga.

2 Likes

The match reviews didn’t paint a great picture of his game but it was a nice surprise when he was named in the best in the HS.

There are about 5 or 6 people outside of the players who have the right, as coaches, to say something like to a player on the street. Just a ridiculous sense of entitlement. I read a stat somewhere that 60-70% of professional athletes don’t actually enjoy playing anymore and its ■■■■ like this that contributes, and it makes me sad. Also, don’t use the “toughen up” rubbish - that’s 90s bullshit. If you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything.

3 Likes